Job Status: Part-Time
Job Location: Remote
Reports To: Executive Director
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
As a small but rapidly growing global health organization, we are looking for a part-time Administrative Coordinator who will play a key role through providing administrative support to the leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Director, President, Board of Directors, Committees, and Advisory Board Admin Support
- Work closely with ED, Board of Directors, Committees, and Advisory Boards on administrative tasks
- Maintain President and Executive Director’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Coordinate and manage meetings
- Work with ED, President, and committee chairs to set agenda for all meetings
- Manage, organize, and maintain all meeting minutes, agendas, and documents
- Prepare monthly reports and presentations
Administration and Operations
- Structure and organize the activities and workload of the leader(s) to facilitate efficient operations
- Assist in coordinating national and international travel for team members and volunteers
- Generate memos, emails, presentations and reports when requested
- Coordinate meetings and calls, and take and share timely minutes and follow up on action items
- Manage organization’s GSuite (Calendars, emails, security, Google Drive), Phone, Security systems, Docusign, Slack, Zoom, Trello, etc and provide training on these systems when needed
- Ensure that MedGlobal Google Drive system is secure and properly followed by the employees
- Work as a focal point for the field offices and HQ team for any administrative tasks
- Help Field offices filling out and reviewing registration applications before the final submission.
- Prepare purchase requests for staff as needed
- 1-3 years of experience supporting executives and/or Boards of Directors
- Strong skills working with a variety of systems and technologies, including but not limited to G Suite, Slack, Zoom, DocuSign, Trello, and 1Password
- Exceptionally skilled at juggling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, allocating and optimizing resources, and managing timelines and tasks from start to finish, and keep everyone appropriately informed
- Detail oriented and ability to keep everyone appropriately informed about projects and tasks, demonstrating a sense of urgency, and excellent follow-up
- Ability to effectively and appropriately manage and interact with high-level professionals, boards, committees, volunteers, and executive staff.
- Collaborative work style and ability to work across departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and coordinate at every level
- Ability to work independently, quickly, problem solve, anticipate challenges, and handle data with confidentiality
- Able and willing to work evenings or weekends as needed
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Administrative Assistant”.