Job location: Flexible – Prague or your home location with trips to international Country Programmes
Type of contract: Full time (40 hours/week)
Duration: 1 year with possibility to extend
Starting date: February 2022
About the role:
The Partnerships and Civil Society advisor supports Country Programmes in building strategic local partnerships and empowering the local civil society. Specifically, he/she is responsible for developing and promoting high standards in PIN’s approach to partnerships, with an emphasis on partnerships with local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). The advisor leads efforts to fulfil objectives of PIN’s RDD strategy, to increase both the volume and quality of partnerships with local actors in PIN’s Country Programmes. The advisor has the opportunity to work both on setting standards (developing/updating tools and strategies) and providing tailored support to Country Programmes in applying these standards. In line with PIN’s commitment to empowering local actors, he/she is as well responsible for supporting PIN’s good governance strategy, in particular CSO capacity development programs. Combined, the position focuses on empowering local actors via strategic partnerships with PIN and CSO capacity development programming.
The Advisor will be a member of PIN’s Knowledge and Learning Department (KLD), work closely with the HQ teams and maintain close relations with Country Programmes in order to directly support the development of strategic partnerships and civil society development programming.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides advisory support to Country Programmes in establishing and maintaining partnerships. To achieve this, the advisor may on demand provides methodological support to conducting mappings of potential partners, training staff on partnerships, co-design and co-facilitate various events aiming at strengthening partnerships (such as partnerships reviews). The advisor may support the development of capacity development plans for strategic partners.
- Ensures that the Partnership Appraisal Tool (PAT) is systematically used in Country Programmes when forming partnerships. To achieve this, the advisor will monitor usage of PAT, provide on a regular basis training and advisory on how to apply the PAT, and conduct spot checks of completed PATs.
- Strengthens the process of managing partnerships from both programmatic and operational perspectives. To achieve this, the advisor will update PIN RDD’s partnership handbook in close collaboration with relevant HQ departments, incorporate findings from the internal audit report on partnerships. Following the update, the advisor will adjust relevant tools accordingly and raise awareness of staff on the handbook.
Civil Society Development
- Under the guidance of the good governance lead advisor, the advisor is responsible for the strategic development, technical quality, and coordination of PIN’s civil society development portfolio, in particular, grassroots CSO capacity development programming.
- Supports the development, implementation and monitoring of PIN’s civil society development programming, including proposal development, technical advisory field visits and capacity development opportunities.
- Mentors and develops the technical skills of PIN’s Program Managers on good governance approaches, including conducting trainings on core topics (such as community engagement and accountability, participatory engagement, skills development etc).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian or development context
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience in developing and managing partnerships with local actors (including CSOs and other local stakeholders)
- Extensive experience in civil society development programming, in particular, grassroots CSO capacity development programs
- Experience in development of practical guidance and tools to support quality assurance of civil society development programming
- Project management experience an advantage
- Strong capacity in leading proposal development
- Experience with delivering capacity-building and working collaboratively and supportively with colleagues
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel regularly to PIN RDD’s Country Programmes
- Experience in Africa/Asia/Middle East an advantage
- Interesting and creative work working with people from around the world
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- Salary according to the PIN salary scale and local cost of living depending on your location
- 25 days of annual leave and sick days
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
- Work-from-home is possible upon agreement
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).