Position: Patient Evacuation Coordinator
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- This position is in the Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC), a unit under the medical services section of our client.
- The selected candidate will be based in Mission Head Quarters (MHQ) in Bamako.
Within delegated authority & under the overall supervision of the Chief Medical Officer & the direct supervision of Head of PECC unit, the Patient Evacuation Coordinator (PEC) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in making administrative & logistical arrangements for medical evacuations & repatriations.
- Assist with the daily implementation of the mission’s medical evacuation requirements.
- Compile confidential medical reports based on patients records & other available information.
- Maintain the database of Casualty & Medical Evacuations (CASEVAC / MEDEVAC) & records clinical & statistical data in Earthmed portal or any other medical information management system.
- Assist in providing training related to CASEVAC & MEDEVAC processes.
- Support the Emergency Medical Response (EMR) by responding to emergency calls & assisting in providing adequate & appropriate care, ensures effective liaison between patient & private or treating doctors, nurses, paramedics, family members & colleagues, analyse & document case findings.
- Coordinate & support emergency response duties including night coverage & over the weekends.
- Performs other related duties as required by the UN.
- Smooth operation (administration & logistics) of the PECC.
- This role works under the delegated authority & under the overall supervision of the Chief Medical Officer & the direct supervision of Head of PECC unit.
- University Degree (B.S. or equivalent) in Emergency Medicine or Nursing (national registration & license are required).
- At least 5 years of experience in nursing or medical field.
- English & French are the working languages of the United Nations (UN) Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral & written English is required. Knowledge of French language is an advantage.
- Field experience in a resource scarce environment is desired.
- Flight medicine (aero medical evacuation) or coordination of patient evacuation is desired.
- Good communication & analytical skills.
- Nurse or Paramedic with 5 years of experience in an emergency setting
- ACLS or equivalent emergency medical training course.
- Knowledge of modern medical information technology, know-how of excel, database and PBI computer skills.
- Shows pride in work & in achievements, demonstrates professional competence & mastery of subject matter, is conscientious & efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines & achieving results, is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns, shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges, remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives & ensuring the equal participation of women & men in all areas of work.
- Speaks & writes clearly & effectively, listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others & responds appropriately, asks questions to clarify & exhibits interest in having 2 way communication, tailors language, tone, style & format to match audience, demonstrates openness in sharing information & keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas & expertise; is willing to learn from others, places team agenda before personal agenda; supports & acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position, shares credit for team accomplishments & accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identifies priority activities & assignments, adjusts priorities as required, allocates appropriate amount of time & resources for completing work, foresees risks & allows for contingencies when planning, monitors & adjusts plans & actions as necessary, uses time efficiently.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities & honours commitments.
- Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost & quality standards, operates in compliance with organizational regulations & rules.
- Provides oversight & takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
- Takes personal responsibility for his / her own shortcomings & those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” & seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Establishes & maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust & respect.
- Identifies clients’ needs & matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside & outside the clients’ environment to keep informed & anticipate problems.
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation / profession, actively seeks to develop oneself professionally & personally.
- Contributes to the learning of colleagues & subordinates.
- Shows willingness to learn from others, seeks feedback to learn & improve.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability & limitation of technology to the work of the office, actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks, shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Experience in logistics is desirable.
- Works well under pressure.
- Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation & full involvement of women & men in all aspects of work.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- UN staff across the organization.
- Military, police & security personnel.
- Physicians & Nurses outside the UN.
- Delegates & INGO representatives.
- Visitors & Malian citizens.
- Qualified female candidates are encouarged to apply for this role.
How to apply