The Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI), is a youth-led non-governmental organization with a Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. dedicated to enhancing service delivery and empowering citizens, we have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance.
CATAI is implementing a project that aims at increasing the capacity of at-risk youth to organize events that foster harmony, civic engagement, social cohesion, and conflict resolution by cooperating with LGA electoral bodies, LGA officials, traditional and religious leaders, youth organizations, and women’s organizations. The project will be implemented in three local government areas of Shani, Hawul and Kwaya kusar across three wards within the local government areas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Peace Building and Youth Engagement Project Officer
Location: Hawul, Shani, Kwayakusar – Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Slot: 3 Openings
Duration: 4 months
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
- We are looking for competent Project Officers that will work within three 3 selected LGAs while reporting to the project coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the peace building staff in accordance with CATAI Policies and guidelines.
- Promote good stewardship and high accountability through efficient and economical utilization of resources in the project.
- Motivate and ensure teamwork among peace building staff for greater ministry impact in the community.
- Liaise closely with and provide the necessary advice and support to the Peace Building Project in all matters pertaining to effective management and implementation of peace building activities.
- Take full responsibility in the implementation of the peace building project in Kwaya kussar, Hawul, and Shani operations according to the agreed plan of action.
- Coordinate project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on program framework.
- Participate in the program design process specifically in assessments and generating community priority needs in peace building.
- Develop regular monthly, quarterly and annual peace building reports.
- Manage peace building staff to implement and monitor project activities towards realization of project outputs in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage in preparation of a detailed implementation plan based on approved and funded proposals and submit to management for approval.
Representation and Networking:
- Represent CATAI Program in Peace Building Forums at the field level and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local government leaders regarding project activities to ensure and promote a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and to keep the management informed.
- Develop a network of information gathering relevant to Peace Building and youth engagement operations.
- Establish appropriate contacts with local counterpart, community mobilization and sensitization.
- Assist communities identify their priorities, opportunities and resources for effective Peace Building project implementation.
- Facilitate communities to fully participate in project activities for enhanced community ownership and sustainability of Peace Building programs.
- Facilitate awareness creation and sensitization of communities in Peace Building and youth engagement.
- Enhance synergies within the communities to achieve integration and attainment of regional objectives.
- Facilitate identification and capacity building of leadership and community based organizations in Peace Building matters.
- Technical and Strategic Support for Peace Building project.
- Train, especially the Peace Building staff to implement project activities that highlight peacebuilding and youth engagement.
- Maintain standards for peace-building and conflict-sensitivity and ensure that peace building staff, partner agencies and recipient communities understand, accept and adhere to these standards.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a monitoring and evaluation system.
- Ensure that technical information pertinent to the project is obtained, documented and disseminated to staff as required.
- Assist in identifying potential peace building priorities and projects in the assigned geographical area.
- Assist in recruitment of peace building staff and train them to interpret and implement peace building and conflict-sensitivity standards.
- Work towards mainstreaming peace building and conflict-sensitivity into all other project initiatives.
- Enhance and train communities in local capacities for peace and ensure mainstreaming into development planning across different sectors.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum two (2) years of relevant progressively responsible experience at the national level of progressively responsible experience in project management and coordination/implementation services or related fields.
- Experience and understanding of implementing human rights, youth engagement and youth participation, social cohesion, Youth Peace and Security and youth-led peacebuilding or related areas will be a strong asset;
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments is an added advantage.
- Experience of establishing effective partnerships with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into youth engagement and participation at the national and sub-national levels;
- Proven successful experience in developing of evidence-based publications, reports, advocacy materials are desirable;
- Experience of working on similar position and project will be considered as an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office package, Google applications, and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems and teleconferencing tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Team-management and leadership skills.
- Time management.
- Exemplifying integrity.
- Demonstrating commitment to CATAI.
- Embracing cultural diversity.
- Embracing change.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their Cover Letter and a CV as one document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.