People/HR Communications Intern
June -August, 2022
Based in Kigali, Rwanda, you’ll be guided by and receive support from Bernad Ochieng Ojwang, Alight CPO. For 2-3 months, you’ll intern approximately 15-20 hours per week. This is a paid internship position.
We exist to unleash abundance in amazing people who want to help. For us, this means our staff, volunteers, incentive workers, candidates – every person within Alight. Our people are everything to us at Alight, each bringing their own unique set of gifts and talents. We believe that when they feel truly seen, cared for, and inspired, we are creating the conditions for them to be unleashed and unleash abundance in others.
Our purpose as a team is to bravely infuse this belief and culture into every touchpoint along the employment and HR journey at Alight. This role works in the Alight global CPO office.
We are proud to work on borderless teams. We bring on great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and specifically encourage members of refugee, immigrant, or other displaced communities to join us.
Simply put, your scope will be supporting the new CPO office in Kigali. Here are some of the specifics:
- Assistant to and administrative support for the new CPO office
- Support with People/HR Communications tasks geared towards enabling employees to stay connected to their workplace, understand their organization’s purpose and strategy, identify with its values,
- Involved in supporting disseminate first-hand, accurate, and reliable information about organizational policies and rules, company news, and other important HR issues
- Support with follow through for HR crafted initiatives that both recognize and appreciate people/staff, and develop a sense of belonging by understanding how they contribute to its wider purpose.
- Support in communicating and reminds on initiatives and deadlines to employees in a variety of print, digital, and interpersonal ways
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Mali : Responsable Sécurité Pays at ACTED
Senior Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation(AME) Officer_Nairobi At ACTED
Science and Math Teacher At
KISWAHILI TEACHER At Still I Rise
Regional Media Business Advisor- Africa At Internews Network
AICCRA Project Coordinator At Bioversity International
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY FOR THE MANAGING OUR WASTE OUTLOOK 2021 At Practical Action
Accountability Officer At Concern Worldwide
Request for Proposal-Electrical Technical Training, Level 3 At Colleges and Institutes Canada
Building a shared organization takes time and intention. We will always be becoming Alight, which means your work will evolve as well.
What you’ll gain
- Insight into the humanitarian sector and real-time connections with teams worldwide
- Extensive HR experience and knowledge regarding administration, communications, policies, HR initiatives
- Exposure to a Global, Non-Profit Organization
- Real-World experience in the HR Field
- Professional Development opportunities including group trainings, resume review, a mock interview, and opportunities to learn from other staff across the organization
- Professional network of peers as you join a cohort of interns in serving with various teams across Alight and partner organizations
Skills and experience we’re seeking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Journalism, or related field required
- Prior experience in a communications role required with coaching, counseling, or leadership experience highly desired.
We are on a journey to build Alight, a new platform of amazing people and organizations providing lifesaving services and creating breakthrough solutions for and with the displaced.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Job City Kigali