Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Performance & Insights Analyst
Location: Nigeria (The location of this role can be flexible where Plan International has an office* that can employ on behalf of the Global Hub and you have the pre-existing right to work and live)
Type of Role: Permanent
Functional Area: Performance & Insights Team (PIT)
Job Family: Business and Professional Services
Reportsto: Organisational Performance Manager
International Travel Required: Rare
- The Performance & Insights Team (PIT) facilitates and supports PII to implement the Global Strategy by guiding planning and performance processes which enable insight-led decisions and informs management and governance bodies on progress towards implementing the strategy through annual plans and reporting.
The role of the Performance & Insights Analyst includes the following:
- To improve, simplify and implement the annual planning process across Global Hub, Regional Hubs and Country Offices.
- Contribute to monitoring the implementation of the global strategy through appropriate annual performance and reporting mechanisms
- Consolidate and coordinate performance insights which generate actionable outcomes to benefit PII and improve visibility of delivery.
- Support the Executive Director (ED) for Programmes & Operations to deliver on the ED’s mandate, develop ad hoc reports, support with specific project management and help coordinate key initiatives across the department.
Key Accountabilities or Main Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the annual planning approach across Plan International, such as, updates to tools and guidance in alignment with new IT systems, communications and requested support from stakeholders (e.g., planning workshops), to enable quality plans which align with the Global Strategy.
- Drive alignment with GH Finance teams to ensure the planning and budgeting products are consistent, to enable a smooth Annual Planning and Budgeting cycle and link between delivery and budget, for both leadership visibility and Global Hub (GH) departments, Regional Hubs (RH) and Country Offices (COs).
- Analyse GH/RH annual plans and create user-friendly tools and resources to present and enable insights which support decision-making for PII Leadership specifically, as well as improved visibility of delivery for the wider organisation.
- Contribute to assuring implementation of annual plans through supporting relevant governance processes with appropriate analysis, to improve accountability of our Global priorities and GH/RH objectives.
- Coordinate and build on improvements made to the global annual reporting process to ensure collection of key organisational data is streamlined and accessible for reporting and further analysis.
- Coordinate team governance through creation and weekly/bi-weekly facilitated tracking of the implementation plan, to support the team meeting the objectives in the annual plan.
Performance and Insights:
- Coordinate collection and consolidation of data for the Global Strategic Dashboard and Results Framework, to enable reporting of the Global Strategy to Leadership, International Board and Members Assembly.
- Contribute to quarterly global analysis of CO, RH and GH performance (e.g. KPIs and other data at request) through innovative tools and artefacts (e.g. PowerBI) for leadership meetings, to improve data driven decision making and visibility of performance.
- Develop and manage oversight mechanisms of workstreams through the operational excellence calendar to promote collaborative and planned workstreams.
- Identify improvements and necessary adaptations to performance and insights analysis and reporting, in alignment with customer need and the introduction of new IT systems.
- Sharing and promoting engagement with artefacts created by the team, which will enable data-driven and insight-led decision making across the organisation e.g., updates to Planet and communications.
- In partnership with the PPI team, build relevant communities of practice in planning and performance.
- Proactive engagement with stakeholders across PII entities to ensure minimization to duplication of work on data gathering.
- Support the ED for Programmes & Operations to deliver on the ED’s mandate through developing ad hoc reports, working on specific projects and help coordinate key initiatives across the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Good knowledge of and previous experience of project management lifecycle, key elements of project planning and governance.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholder groups and at senior managerial levels.
- Experience in creating tools and templates to enable effective planning and performance monitoring.
- Experience in improving business processes for management outcomes
- Understanding of analytics and data visualisation tools, or with the aptitude to learn.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Understanding of change and design methodologies (desirable).
- Good understanding of working in an NGO (desirable).
- Fluency in English.
- French, Spanish, Arabic (desirable).
Competencies – Leadership and Business and Management:
- Strong people skills, including high levels of diplomacy and negotiation, and the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills, including representing information visually.
- Building strong stakeholder relationships and engaging tactfully across cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Time and task management, with professional and organised approach to delivery
- Strong research, analysis, evaluation and problem-solving skills – identifying creative solutions with clear rationale behind recommendations.
- High level of skill in Excel and PowerPoint. Skills in Power BI and data visualisation are desirable.
- Project planning and management.
- Assisting with workshop facilitation (desirable).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Logical and structured in approach.
- Takes initiative and navigates through ambiguity.
- Influences stakeholders through relationships and communication methods.
- Holds a high-quality standard for engagements and deliverables.
- Comfortable working with senior managers.
- Builds trust and understanding
- Strive for lasting impact.
- Open and accountable.
- Work well together.
- Inclusive and empowering.
Dimensions of the Role
- This role does not have any direct budget responsibility, although indirectly the role impacts the effectiveness and efficiency of our investments.
- Role is office-based supporting with reporting, leading and strategic work to enable accountability, insights to performance and our Global Strategy.
External / Internal Interactions:
- Other members of the Programmes & Operations department.
- Other teams in Global Hub, particularly, Finance, Governance and Executive, Gender & Inclusion, MERL, Data and Analytics, Strategy.
- Senior Managers across the organisation.
- Global committees/boards.
- National Directors Team (NDT) and National Organisations (NOs).
- Consultants that have been brought in to support project work
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (MS Word)
Note: Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Project Manager at the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Gestionnaire de programme, PCV at World University Service of Canada
- Research Lead at Terre des Hommes Netherlands
- Data Analyst for a forthcoming opportunity in DRC at Montrose
- Area Support Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council