Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy. Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and the Central African Republic implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE: Public Health MD – Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Ethiopia, Gambella Region
START DATE: January 2023
DURATION: 12 months
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialisation, Master or equivalent title in Public Health
- Excellent knowledge of English
- At least 2 years of experience as a Specialist
- Experience in managing health cooperation projects; experience in maternal and child health and disability projects will be favourably considered
- Previous experience in fragile contexts and/or low-income countries
- Good adaptability
KEY DUTIES The PH MD is responsible for the implementation and management of a project aimed at improving the effectiveness of reproductive, paediatric and neonatal health services in preventing physical-motor, cognitive and sensory disabilities. As Project Manager, he/she manages project resources, coordinates project activities, maintains relations with the donor and partners, and handles the required reporting. As Public Health expert, the MD will:
- coordinate the strengthening of reproductive, paediatric and neonatal health services in two hospitals and seven peripheral centres, from the point of view of infrastructure, available drugs and materials, and capacity
- train and raise awareness among the staff of the hospitals and health centres involved, with a focus on the prevention of birth-related disabilities
- strengthen the capacities of health workers and health authorities to acquire data that can provide information on maternal and child disability
How to apply
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation. Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the mission and values of the organization, nondiscrimination policies and safeguarding principles.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Grants and Compliance Manager at Palladium Group
- Program Officer- Leave no One Behind at Save the Children
- International Market Development Lead (Planning and Strategic Investment) at Save the Children
- Programme Manager – Response Innovation Lab at Save the Children
- Project Finance Officer at Heifer International