- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
We are looking for an experienced Pharmacist whose role will include but is not limited to:
- Dispensing pharmaceauticals.
- Safe management & security of pharmaceuticals.
- Stock control & ordering of pharmaceuticals, medical consumables & other health related materiel.
- Provision of clinical pharmacy advice.
- Promote safe & prompt provision of anesthesia & participate in patient education & communication, hence improving clinical & surgical outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes & shape best clinical & non clinical practice. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide technical pharmacy & pharmaceutical advice & service to the hospital.
- Implement work plans & work schedules in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Receive patients in the hospital & dispense medicines & other pharmaceutical materials to them.
- Provide care & custody of medicines & other medical supplies in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Coordinate pharmaceutical operations & services in the pharmacy in order to ensure that they meet the expected standards of sufficiency & quality the in the hospital.
- Carry out training & development of pharmacy staff, interns & student in order to enhance their performance productivity in the hospital.
- Record the movement & consumption of medicines & medical equipment & supplies & well updated drug register in the hospital.
- Implement duly all established pharmacy & pharmaceutical policies, procedures & process in the hospital.
- Supervise, guide & mentor Pharmacy Technicians in the hospital.
- Provide specialized pharmacy & pharmaceutical advisory services to the hospital & pateints though the appropriate media.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy with a minimum of three years progressive postqualification experience.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
- Job City Mogadishu