|CAPRISA is an award-winning global research organisation located on the campus of the Nelson Mandela School of Medicine in Durban, South Africa and undertakes research in HIV, TB and Covid at four clinical research sites in KwaZulu-Natal.
CAPRISA’s goal is to undertake globally relevant and locally responsive research that contributes to understanding HIV Vaccines and Pathogenesis, Prevention and Epidemiology, the links between Tuberculosis and AIDS treatment and Covid-19. CAPRISA is a UNAIDS Collaborating Centre for HIV Research and Policy and is recognised as a DSI-NRF Centre of Excellence in HIV Prevention and hosts the SAMRC HIV-TB Pathogenesis and Treatment Research Unit.
The successful incumbent will join the CAPRISA clinical research team based at the Vulindlela Clinical Research Site (Howick area).
Qualifications and experience:
· Post Basic Pharmacist’s Assistant qualification and current registration with the South African Pharmacy Council (Institutional pharmacy category)
· At least 1 years’ experience in a community or hospital pharmacy as a post basic pharmacist’s assistant with experience in aseptic drug preparation and ability to provide medication adherence counselling
· GCP and Human Subjects Protections certification
· Computer literate and experience in working with MS Office packages
· Fluency in English and isiZulu
- Job City South Africa