Job position – Pharmacy Assistant Work location – Ngala, Bama.
Reporting to – Warehouse Pharmacist Supervision of – Drug Dispensers at the supported health facilities
General Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Warehouse pharmacist and Clinical Supervisor, the Pharmacy Assistant will assist in carrying out daily activities in the pharmacy. The role holder will oversee issuance of medical supplies and equipment in adherence to universal pharmaceutical standards and INTERSOS SOPs to projects or other departments in order to ensure the overall functioning of INTERSOS’s activities.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Assists the pharmacist in implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with INTERSOS standards, ensuring quality
assurance: focal point for Good Distribution Practices and Good Dispensing practices in clinics.
· Maintains and monitors a good record of receiving, storing, dispatching of medical items at the stores in line with INTERSOS guidelines or/and procedures.
· Conducts supervisory visits to supported Health facilities and INTERSOS Mobile clinic sites to oversee the receipt of items (checking of expire date, quantity and quality, etc.) and make sure that all necessary paperwork’s are completed.
· Regularly monitors the quality of product in storage and report any concern to the Clinic supervisor, Pharmacy manager.
· Organizes drugs delivery to the different sites in collaboration with Warehouse Pharmacist and Clinic Supervisor.
· Updates and controls all pharmacy files (including sites’ ones) monthly, ensuring a monthly physical inventory and fill the inventory file.
· Maintains good housekeeping of the INTERSOS pharmacy stores (checking of temperature, organization of pharmacy layout, and hygiene).
· Ensures the security of the pharmacy as per the Standard warehousing policy.
· Follows up the monthly consumption and calculate the needs for monthly orders in collaboration with Clinic Supervisor and the Pharma team.
· Observes trends in drug consumption and timely alert the Clinic Supervisor when supplies need to be replenished.
· When needed, supports the team in dispense of medicines and/or medical supplies to patients, as prescribed by the clinician.
· Provides patients and their caregivers with adequate information on drug usage, possible side effects and additional advice as appropriate and in adherence to Standard protocols.
· Alerts the clinician when inconsistencies of prescriptions are noted in view of patient safety and compliance.
· Maintains daily records of drug consumption and drugs stock, and submits weekly reports to the Clinic Supervisor and the Pharma Team.
· Promotes the quality of the INTERSOS’s health programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the INTERSOS health unit.
· Develops stock level alerts based on an average monthly consumption (AMC) and morbidity data; gather stock indicators, analyses the indicators and discusses with Pharmacy Manager so as to avoid stock-outs and the financial losses generated by expired items.
· Being flexible to any other task to be carried out as asked by the supervisor according to the mission need.
Position RequirementsProfessional requirements***
· Essential, Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy (BPharm.).
· Desirable, Medical related studies (Nursing, Public Health, Health Education etc).
· Essential previous experience of at least 1 year in similar or relevant positions.
· High level computer literacy, especially excellent MS Excel / Word skills***Personal requirements***
· Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Excellent analytical and reporting skills;
· Leadership, people management and coaching skills;
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
· Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases;
· Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context;
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY
applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 12 December 2021 at 4:00 PM
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.