Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Execute the pharmacy / medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the Supply / logistics team.
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor.
- Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured.
- Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Education: Essential Secondary School Certificate. Desirable Diploma / Degree in medical related studies.
- Experience: Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Language: Fluent in reading and writing English.
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, teamwork and cooperation, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
According to the MSF salary scale plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Qualifications, License, any other important document, and a Cover Letter with contact details to: email@example.com using “Pharmacy Storekeeper Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- NON-COMPLIANT or LATE applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Request for Proposals (RFP) – Provision of Human Resource Services at Global Communities
- Communication Intern at Action Network for the Disabled
- Construction Officer at Windle International Kenya
- Supply Chain Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – WaCA
- Head of Health and Nutrition at Save the Children Nigeria