AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
We seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full-time position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: ART Clinician and Pharmacist
- The Pharmacy Technician will work together with the Pharmacist in the State to ensure implementation of pharmacy best practices, quality improvement of pharmacy services, rational drug use, and logistics management of anti-retroviral drugs and drugs for opportunistic infections in assigned clinics and outposts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and providers on drug interactions, side effects, adverse drug reactions, dosage, and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Counsels patients on medication adherence.
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs
- Manages appropriate data collection, such as client name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and drug inventory through mentorship of staff at clinics and outposts.
- Performs a monthly stock count of pharmaceuticals at the clinic store and outpost stores;
- Supervises the pre-dispensing of prescriptions for clients who are down referred to PHC sites;
- Ensures completion and submission of accurate and auditable monthly drug reports from clinic and outposts.
- Collaborates with the Pharmacist at the central office to ensure there is adequate stock of Pharmaceuticals at the sites.
- Updates Pharmacy Services Database on a monthly basis for assigned AHF sites.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Get All the Latest International NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO Job Vacancies in Africa, Nigeria 2022 at NGO Jobs In Africa
International NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO Job Vacancies in Africa 2022
NGO jobs Africa New Recruitment update at International Organization for Migration (IOM) – (10 Positions)
NGO jobs Africa Humanitarian Job Vacancies update- 2022 (21 Positions)
Education and Experience
- At least a Diploma from the School of Health Technology with a valid license to practice as a Pharmacy Technician.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in HIV/AIDS Pharmacy Programs.
- Experience in logistics management of drugs, preferably in an NGO
- Proficiency in computer operations (Use of MS Excel, Word etc)
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022 at 5:00PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: email@example.com Kindly indicate the Position and the Location you are applying for as the subject of your e-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word or PDF format.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)