Role & Responsibilities: Philanthropy & Partnerships Intern
Support the Philanthropy and Partnerships Officer in charge of Prospection in Swiss Romande in the following areas:
- Keeping administrative (CRM) records up to date.
- Identification and qualification of prospective partners (foundations and municipalities).
- Starting and developing key relationships.
- Development of compelling and customised applications for funding and promotional material.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
The Philanthropy team works with a portfolio of foundations and municipalities that will contribute significantly to our annual fundraising targets. Its role is to acquire new foundations and communes by networking, desk research, applying for funding and building relationships*.*
Workplace & Working Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
September 2021. 80% to 100%, 6 months minimum – 12 months can be considered.
Key Activity Areas
Keeping administrative (CRM) records up to date
- Update touch points with donors (prospects) in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Complete donors’ (prospects’) profiles in our CRM (Salesforce), in terms of giving potential, interest and communication preferences.
- Create tracking and priority reports in our CRM (Salesforce).
Identification and qualification of prospective partners (foundations and municipalities)
- Monitor media on potential partners.
- Carry out a desk research on new potential partners.
- Identify potential partners’ area of interest.
Starting and developing key relationships
- Support philanthropy event organisation (content, logistic, promotion, coordination…).
- Identify the right contact person, including via phone calls to targeted municipalities and/or foundations.
- Look for networking introduction opportunities.
- Ask for 1st meeting of introduction.
Development of compelling and customised giving proposals (giving applications) and documentation materials
- Develop personalised promotional material (incl. powerpoint presentations and applications for funding)– with the support of our Content team.
- Draft letters to partners (and prospects).
- Support the production of cultivation material (cards, etc.): selection of suppliers and follow up.
- Respect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Accept and be at ease to work in an environment where staff pray and have devotion times together.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- French mother tongue.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Proficient in MS office tools (Word, Excel and Powerpoint; Outlook desirable).
- Excellent oral with very comfortable at initiating and developing conversations whether on the phone or in person.
- Very good writing style.
- Internet research facilities.
- Orthograph and grammar capacity would be a good asset.
- Familiar with CRM or databases an asset.
- Very well organised with multi task activities.
- Person who likes data entree as crucial in this work.
Benefits Package provided to International Headquarters Internship Staff
- Salary of 1670 CHF/month at 100%.
- Holiday allocation.
- Accident, death and disability insurance coverage; health insurance for loss of earnings (> 6 months internship).
- Great working environment.
- The opportunity to work in an organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
How to apply
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.