Position: PLRCAP Strategic Development and Partnerships Coordinator
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
PLRCAP “Promoting Local Response Capacities and Partnerships” is an initiative of the INGO Forum Nigeria (NIF), a hosted project of iMMAP. The initiative brings on board capacity strengthening experts sourced internationally and from the Nigerian private, development and humanitarian sectors to create and roll out an integrated training, mentorship and partnership program for Nigerian local and national NGOs working in its humanitarian contexts. With its partners and donors, including the Swiss and US governments, PLRCAP is developing an “NGO Support Hub” to provide holistic capacity strengthening support to Nigerian NGOs, including facilitated self -assessments and strategic action planning, tailor made training and mentorship, partnership and networking opportunities as well as finance, HR, Communications and Legal Services. The Hub is in its design stage currently, and looks forward to launching in 6 to 8 months.
NIF is an interagency network of international NGOs, established in 2014 to facilitate the coordination and cooperation of humanitarian aid and development between INGOs and among INGOs and external stakeholders including the Government of Nigeria, Nigerian civil society, UN agencies, diplomatic actors, and donors. specific
PLRCAP is seeking an expert in NGO capacity strengthening and development, who has either worked for or with a Nigerian NGO, or who has supported or work in start social enterprises. The candidate would join a small team to help design and launch the hub, bringing both a strategic vision and business expertise to help ensure the relevance, effectiveness and sustainability of the hub.
Description of Duties
The incumbent will support and effectively contribute to the initiation, planning, design, development and implementation of the PLRCAP Support Hub and the roll out of its services. The role also involves support to the effective partnership building and supporting the outreach and communication needs of the initiative with the support of the NIF communications team.
Guided by PLRCAP Technical Lead and under the day-to-day supervision of the project manager, the Strategic Development and Partnership Coordinator will:
Provide leadership and strategic expertise to design and launch of the NGO Support Hub in Nigeria:
- Conduct background research, including understanding the needs of Nigerian NGOs, INGOs, and identification and
- Ensure the reach out to other similar initiatives for lessons learned and potential synergies/partnerships
- Develop the business and operational plans for the hub.
- Develop partnership terms and conditions, identify potential partners and conclude partnership agreements
- Design the capacity strengthening approaches and design with experts learning approaches and course offerings
Design and lead on the Hub Services, including pro-bono service offerings and paid training requests.
- Identify with partners/clients the training needs and required approaches,
- Source trainers, mentors and partners to meet these needs
- Ensure the planning and scheduling of capacity strengthening activities in consultation with key stakeholders
- Development of training and session plans, goals and objectives based on identified gaps and capacity strengthening priorities.
- Design and develop capacity strengthening curricula, syllabi, and learning materials.
- Organize and deliver/co-facilitate core and advanced training and capacity strengthening activities consistent to the needs of the humanitarian partners.
- Conduct pre-training, in-training and post-training evaluations for feedback, address challenges and impediments to effective learning, document and share lessons learnt.
Develop with the NIF communications team a PLRCAP communications strategy for the next two years and roll it out.
- Create presentations, outwards facing communications tools, keep the website updated, etc.
- Ensure effective project and donor updates and reports
- Develop case studies, social media fields and think pieces/blogs to showcase the work of PLRCAP
Support the project manager in the development of the NGO World “Resource Center”.
- Identify user needs
- Assist in the sourcing and oversight of wireframe development and the building of the platforms.
Actively fundraise for the initiative in cooperation with the PLRCAP Technical advisor and NIF Director, identifying potentially interested donors and develop the donor approach and effective follow up.
Any other duties as required.
- An advanced university degree or equivalent experience in relevant fields
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience and a background in non-profit, internationally-focused organisations;
- A prior experience and/or in depth understanding of capacity strengthening or advisory services to not-for profit or small and medium enterprises is required
- Experience in development, humanitarian, crisis recovery and resilience aspects is highly desirable;
- Experience working for or in an NGO or social enterprise is highly desirable;
- An appreciation of considerations on the needs of adult learners;
- Business and/or strategic planning experience is highly desirable;
- Soft skills
- Understanding of the UN cluster/sector system and how it operates.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailor’s language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; is willing to learn from others;
- Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client;
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology;
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent the PLRCAP and/or NIF in various fora. Maintain effective and positive contacts with the national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and donor agency officials, when required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating;
- Proven ability to work in teams;
- Flexible and creative.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/772
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- RRM Information Management Officer At iMMAP
- Human Resources Officer at DanChurchAid
- Case Processing Assistant (South Afica National Hire) x9 at Church World Service
- Program Manager – Conflict Prevention, Stabilization, and Transition (CPST) Practice at DT Global
- Advocacy Director, Africa Division at Human Rights Watch