Position: Policy Advocacy and Partnerships Officer-Kenya
The African Wildlife Foundation is the primary advocate for the protection of wildlife and their habitats as an essential part of a modern and prosperous Africa. Founded in 1961 during the African independence movement in order to build our capacity to steward our natural resources, AWF articulates a uniquely African vision, bridging science, education, public policy, and field programs to demonstrate the benefits of conservation and build a future for Africa where people and wildlife thrive. Learn more at www.awf.org
The Policy Advocacy and Partnerships Officer will play a key role in determining AWF’s policy and advocacy agenda, work across programs, at the county level and national level informed by the Strategic ambition. The Policy Advocacy and Partnerships Officer will coordinate specific influencing opportunities and ensure a coherent approach for policy and advocacy through key networks and coalitions. The Officer will work closely with the Strategic Communications and Campaigns teams to link global policymaking with AWF’s interventions and campaigns locally.
The ideal candidate will report directly to the Country Director and work closely with the rest of the Global Leadership team.
Education, Language & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in conservation, natural resource management, environmental science, development studies, social sciences, or related field or equivalent work experience in development theory, policy, and practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, policy development, and fluent written/spoken English.
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in policy and advocacy work related to conservation of natural resources management, or related field of influencing the policy and practice of governments and institutions through campaigning, advocacy, and/or policy development.
- Experience in network coordination and good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability, high level of autonomy, good organizational skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to view full Job Description and apply through https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AFR1000AFWI/JobBoard/20e4eecc-c532-4e6a-bb5f-39ea79059f29/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0a4e68b6-a183-4473-9c44-3271b302eebd
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Given the urgency in filling this position, candidates will be screened on an ongoing basis.
CLOSING DATE: June 21st, 2023