Position: Policy LINK – Regional Senior Manager
Location: Assigned Region (Northern Region – Tamale)
Contract Name: USAID/Feed the Future Policy Leadership, Interactions, Networks and Knowledge (Policy LINK)
Status: Long Term Technical Assistance
Start Date: November 01, 2022
Supervisor: Program Lead
Policy LINK in Ghana
USAID Feed the Future Ghana Policy LINK Activity is a five-year activity with the overall objective of fostering behavior change that strengthens the capacity and ability of Ghanaian stakeholders to participate in a more transparent, inclusive, and evidence-based agriculture and food system policy process that leads to improved food and nutrition outcomes and broad-based economic growth. Specifically, the activity will facilitate the transition towards a policy development paradigm driven by multiple stakeholders.
This approach to policymaking will strengthen the capacities of Ghana’s main agricultural policy system actors and institutions and support them to engage stakeholders traditionally excluded from decision-making, including academia, financial institutions, the judiciary, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and private sector representatives from the national, regional, and local levels.
This approach is underpinned by Policy LINK’s overarching theory of change focused on increasing human and social capital, engaging policy system actors in collaborative processes, and developing mechanisms for collaborative governance and dynamic learning systems and platforms to sustain collective action.
The Policy LINK Activity has established the main office in Accra and a subnational office in Tamale to support efforts in the USAID Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI) regions – 17 districts in Northern, North East, Upper East and Upper West regions. This operating model will maximize engagement with a diverse set of key agricultural stakeholders and institutions at the national, regional, and community levels.
The Regional Senior Manager will be the principal point of contact between Accra and the assigned geographic locations and oversee the subnational office operations.
The position is expected to support the design, implementation, follow-up, and reporting of the Feed the Future Ghana Policy LINK Activity within the framework of Policy LINK’s established activity team structures, processes, and systems.
The Regional Senior Manager will be based in Tamale, and will be responsible for:
- Lead overall program management, delivery, and achievement of program activities and deliverables in the program area.
- Closely coordinate with the Ghana Policy LINK Activity structures, lead agencies, implementing partners, Policy LINK Ghana Country Lead and Policy LINK activity teams to ensure program area activities are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate the operations, scheduling, reporting and building relations with agricultural stakeholders at the regional and community levels; including government officials, implementing partners, the private sector, research and academia and civil society organizations among others.
- Carry out training, facilitation, mentoring, and support agricultural stakeholders at the regional and community levels in their assigned region.
- Coordinate with all regional and community structures in the ZOI to advance the technical stakeholder engagement process in a coordinated and coherent manner.
- Contribute to communication and learning activities at subnational and national levels.
- Identify and integrate opportunities for collaboration and leveraging with the Feed the Future (FtF) Implementing Partners (IPs) in the implementation of specific activities at the sub-national level.
- Work with Policy LINK technical team at the national level to contribute to the development of annual work plan, ensure adherence to data collection protocols and reporting on results.
- Ensure the day-to-day management of activities at the subnational office.
S/he will continually reinforce Policy LINK’s agreed-upon core purpose and principles and approaches, and ensure all decision-making is rooted in the purpose and principles. S/he will contribute to a learning environment in which personal and team growth is supported, with a shared understanding that the “team” always comes before the “individual.”
The Regional Senior Manager will be expected to understand and effectively communicate the Ghana Policy LINK Activity approaches and core principles to regional and community level stakeholders. S/he must understand and consistently put into practice Policy LINK’s principles, management, and standard operating procedures.
The Regional Senior Manager will be responsible for the following primary tasks, though other duties may be assigned as appropriate:
- Develop strong working relationships and lines of communication with Policy LINK colleagues, regional and community level stakeholders, Ghana Policy LINK Activity, and other implementing partners in their assigned regions;
- Serve as the principal point of contact between Policy LINK’s Accra office and the assigned region, support Ghana Policy LINK Activity co-creation and provide partners with day-to-day technical guidance;
- Coordinate with Policy LINK logistics, finance and operations, and activity teams to ensure necessary preparations, logistics, and payments are made for successful implementation of program activities;
- Support the coordination of stakeholder engagement activities at the regional and community levels, including learning events, technical roundtable discussions, systems mapping, pause and reflect sessions, capacity strengthening, and other activities that will be undertaken at the regional and community levels;
- Monitor the status and performance of assigned regional activities, sharing updates with colleagues as well as capturing monitoring, evaluation, and learning in program reports submitted internally or to USAID and partners as appropriate
• Regional and Community Level Activities:
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement activities at the regional and community levels, including assessments, learning events, technical roundtable discussions, systems mapping, pause and reflect sessions, and other related activities at the regional and community levels;
- Assist in identifying an inclusive set of regional and community leaders and rising leaders for leadership strengthening;
- Support Policy LINK colleagues and Ghana Activity partners on framing and deepening focused regional stakeholder engagement plans; and
- Based on the outcome of the stakeholder engagement process, support and contribute to the capacity strengthening of key institutions and target groups (e.g., women’s and youth group).
The Regional Senior Manager will report to the Accra-based Program Lead.
The Regional Senior Manager may supervise short-term technical consultants, and will work closely with the Ghana Country Lead, Agriculture & Food Systems Lead, Climate Change Lead, MEL Lead, and Operations Team.
Local Ghanaian candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position. Additional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in social sciences or project management or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in program management, logistics, operations, community mobilization, monitoring & evaluation, research and/or international development.
- A good understanding and experience working with a variety of stakeholders on agricultural policies.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills and ability to engage with senior leadership of partner organization.
- Strong communication, presentation and representational skills.
- Strong training and/or facilitation and program coordination skills preferred.
- Good computer capabilities with working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Preferred experience working with local communities, NGOs, and/or international organizations.
- Experience in organizing and setting up stakeholder events and conferences that bring together a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Good English writing and speaking. Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills and ability to multitask under tight time constraints/deadlines.
- Previous experience working in Northern Ghana, with a preference for prior experience in Northern, North East, Upper East and Upper West regions.
How to apply
Please submit applications electronically via this website: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/mzqd5mddlj/index.html
Applications will be considered in the order received.
Candidates will be required to answer certain qualifying questions before uploading their CVs and cover letters to the application form for consideration.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No email enquiries please.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Spécialiste Genre, VBG et Inclusion at Plan International
- Nigeria – Program Manager (Food Security and Livelihood) at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Mali – Chargé(e) des Programmes at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Mali – Chef de Projet at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Mali – Chef de Projet Protection at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale