The incumbent is responsible for managing the REACT SSA Somalia programme. He/she will lead the technical and grants
management support to REACT portfolio of projects. The incumbent is expected to work flexibly and collegially in offering
support to the REACT SSA Programme Manager, Senior Portfolio Officer and other internal stakeholders as well as in processing
grants, loans and coordinating technical assistance to a portfolio of companies.
Portfolio Management, Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure effective investees performance and relationship management.
- Lead the planning and execution of investees performance monitoring activities, including data verification exercises to ensure the quality of programme results.
- Implement effective strategies the enable recovery of outstanding repayable grants as due from programme
investees in collaboration with the Debt Recovery Officer.
- Implementing the AECF’s operational processes for grant management including contribution to the revision of existing operations manuals.
- Implementation of the financial policies, procedures, and systems guidelines for grant recipients.
- Ensure all investee site visits are conducted on a periodic basis, as per the agreed site visit schedule.
- Coordinate identification of investees who require technical assistance (investment brokerage) and arrange to deliver services based on the AECF TA and Learning service delivery framework.
- Reviewing periodic narrative and financial reports, as well as disbursement requests from grant recipients.
- Ensure legal review and opinion on grants that require the legal departments review. Manage the flow of grants over the course of a year, advising the Portfolio Lead on timing and potential issues that need to be addressed.
Provide periodic reports on the programme, information trends and other relevant information as requested.
- Contribute to the development of periodic management and donor reports.
- Contribute to proposal development for various potential program areas.
Impact & Learning
- Contribute to the portfolio learning agenda in a manner that contribute to the wider learning agenda of the AECF
(in liaison with Impact, Knowledge, and Insights teams), to further the reputation and capability positioning of the
Fund, have a wider systemic impact on the relevant market systems in Africa, and promote relevant advocacy
- Ensure continuous improvement of the portfolio based on learning.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure compliance to internal controls and risk management of the portfolio in accordance with the wider AECF Limited Management Framework.
- Implement the programme risk and mitigation framework, in line with the overall AECF Risk and Compliance Management Framework.
Suitable candidates should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any social, natural science, business, engineering discipline or any related studies. Technical training in solar technology/renewable energy is an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in private sector development, and sustainable finance, preferably in the energy sector in Somalia or Nothern Kenya.
- Have a strong understanding of and practical experience in the energy sector, particularly in Somalia.
- Demonstrate experience in designing and appraising energy business cases.
- Have a demonstrated track record in portfolio management, specifically in conducting project due diligence monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and financial management for early-stage companies.
- Have experience managing gender-responsive programs/investments.
- Have excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to prepare portfolio analysis reports
- Have a high degree of initiative and energy, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills including a strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, and judgment.
- Be proficient in English with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Somali nationals and/or Kenyan Somalis or Somalis from other Nations with knowledge of the Somali language
and experience of the Somalia socio-cultural context are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race,
sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AECF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role register and
To be considered, your application must be received by: 22nd December 2022
For more information, please visit our careers page on www.aecfafrica.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Internal Audit Assistant at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Executive Advisor at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Program Development Officer, Ethiopia at Samaritan’s Purse
- Communications Manager at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Coordinateur.trice Projet Prise en Charge de la Malnutrition – N’gouri – Tchad – H/F at ALIMA