Title: Technical Officer- PrEP/CECAP
Reports to: State Team Lead
Location: Adamawa, Cross river and Niger State
The Technical Officer-PrEP-CECAP will serve as the State focal person to scale up oral PrEP services and Cervical cancer Prevention services at the state, LGA, and Site levels. The incumbent will provide technical assistance and support to the state, LGA, and facilities and will also work closely with State leadership of the STL, Prevention Officer and technically with the PrEP-CECAP Advisor.
The Technical Officer (PrEP-CECAP) will;
· Work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
· Demonstrate experience providing capacity building assistance at Facility, Community and State levels.
· Demonstrate in-depth understanding of SMOH organizational structure and the Nigerian healthcare system.
· Increase the awareness of PrEP to high-risk individuals in the Facility and community.
· Develop and expand capacity of Healthcare Workers on PrEP.
· Provide basic linkage-to-care and patient navigation for individuals seeking PrEP as a part of combination prevention Strategies.
· Organize, promote and facilitate Quality Improvements (QI) on PrEP activities and research.
· Work with individuals to assess needs, develop care plans and coordinate PrEP-related services through advocacy, education, support, empowerment and coaching.
· Collect and evaluate reports from clients to ensure access to PrEP and follow-through with service provision.
· Ensure the Mentoring and distribution of PrEP- IEC materials.
· Develop and distribute a survey tool for use in HIV Testing to identify those at high risk for HIV and more likely to benefit from PrEP.
· Liaise with State Supply chain unit to ensure PrEP Stock availability and re-distribution with demands and Saturation.
· Develop close working relationships with State, Facility and Community leadership to ensure coordination of PrEP services.
· Liaise with RISE supported CSOs in improving demand in PrEP Services.
· Increase the awareness of CECAP to high-risk individuals in the Facility and community.
· Support Major Stakeholders to supervise and mentor health care workers at sites implementing the program;
· Develop and expand capacity of Healthcare Workers on CECAP.
· Provide strategic direction and technical support towards CECAP implementation;
· Oversee effective implementation of Cervical Cancer Prevention Program in the State.
· Provide strategic direction technical oversight, and ensure appropriate support for the development and implementation of program activities in Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP);
· Work closely with other relevant ministries (Health, Women affairs), the implementing partners and other key stakeholders to support implementation of CECAP strategies;
· Support planning, coordination and supervision of cervical cancer screening activities in RISE-supported facilities;
· Support training facilitation of health care providers on cervical cancer prevention program and to build capacity of the health facility staffs to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies are available;
· Support and build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis;
· Participate actively in State’s TWG meetings and fora addressing women health in Stakeholders and IPs collaborative learning.
· Promote dissemination and sharing of good practices;
· Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation through routine monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports to Jhpiego and the donor, and other reporting requirements as requested.
· Support research and program learning efforts where appropriate.
· Consult with the technical and program team, implement changes in the interventions based on monitoring data and evidence from RISE-supported sites
· Liaise with RISE supported CSOs in improving demand in CECAP Services
· Perform any other duties assigned.
· First Degree in Medical, Nursing Sciences (MPH or Related Advanced degree will be added advantage.)
· 4-6 years of professional experience in an integrated HIV Care and treatment, PMTCT, Prevention Programming.
· Experience in the health sector and knowledge of HIV programming strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on CECAP and other HIV prevention areas.
· Demonstrated coaching skills, with an ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams
· Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including presentations
· Experience in similar role will be an added advantage.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to develop strong relationships across functions, abilities and work levels.
· Familiarity with MOH and USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, PEPFAR experience highly preferred.
• Experience in Prevention, Care and Treatment Service, preferably in an NGO setting.
• Expertise in research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
• Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadline, and pressure to perform.
• With strong results-oriented and decision-making skills.
• Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
• Good team leader.
• Good initiative and can work unsupervised.
• Knowledge of geography.
• Good communication skills.
• Attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite**.**
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using the position applied for and location eg. “Technical Officer- PREP/CECAP, Adamawa” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date: Saturday 29th January 2022.
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org