Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Prevention, Care, and Treatment Consultant
Slots: 3 Openings
Duration: 60 Days with the possibility of extension
Job Category: Fixed Term
Supervisor: Team Lead – Prevention, Care, and Treatment
The services of the Consultant working with the HQ PCT team will include the following:
- Provide day-to-day technical and programmatic support to the NAHI grant’s sub-recipients related to Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS, PMTCT, TB, HIVST, Harm reduction, and AGYW.
- With the technical team in the prevention, care, and treatment department, coordinate the implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT), RH/FP, TB at the country office and state level.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building, using the Total Quality Leadership and Accountability (TQLA) approach
- Support writing and editing of technical reports, documents, and other knowledge management products. S/He will also assist with publications, research data collection and processing, and presentations.
- Support the development of program-related research including the preparation of papers, on related subjects and making recommendations to the PR team.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from program implementation and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB, and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new interventions.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the department’s program strategies, sub-project documents, work plans, and budgets.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, TB and integrated medical services at the facility level.
- Support generation, collation, and processing of travel documents for weekly PCT activities that require travel of GoN stakeholders from NASCP, NACA, and FMoH.
- The consultant will support the technical staff in ensuring basic documentation during training and meetings. This includes attendance during meetings, as well as other non-technical tasks.
- Support the printing and availability of PCT-led training materials and attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Public Health or other relevant Degree with 2 to 3 years post NYSC experience in HIV programs.
- Possession of a post-graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in facilitating technical training is required.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-changing and challenging environment.
- The Consult will report to the Team Lead – Prevention, Care and Treatment
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Applications submitted electronically, with the subject bearing the position of interest will be treated.
- Suitability statement and CV must be in one MS Word.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Director of Finance and Administration – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- Logistics / Procurement Assistant – PMI Evolve Nigeria at ABT Associates
- Community Support Worker / Psychological Animators at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) – 6 Openings
- Embedded Technical Advisor at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Youth Social Worker at Tushinde Children’s Trust