Job Title: Primary Health Care Officers
Based in Lafia, Nassarawa State.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Health System Strengthening
Closing Date: 18th February, 2022
*Must be legally authorized to work in Nigeria*
Who we are!
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare. There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI Nigeria is a dynamic platform implementing cutting edge programming to improve women’s access to vital reproductive health services. The Primary Health Care Officers shall be responsible for coordinating PSI interventions in the state.
So**und** like you read on?
Below is the summary of the specific Roles:
- Works as a cohesive member to ensure that the WHP Nigeria goals, objectives and the results are met in timely fashion.
- Coordinates and provides support for Community Based Health Insurance Scheme and research activities in the intervention state.
- Specifically coordinate all advocacy activities regarding the implementation of CBSHIP in Nasarawa State to address
- Support the accreditation of private and public facilities across the state
- Work closely with facility management committees and ward development committees in developing and monitoring quality improvement plans for all accredited facilities
- Support the integration of harm reduction counselling into SRH services in primary and secondary healthcare facilities in Nasarawa State
- In collaboration with other team members, identify the health facilities (public and private) for partnership in the state
- Recruit facilities that meet set criteria by administering facility assessment checklists
- Ensure facilities identified maintains recommended standards and abide by the contractual agreement all the time
- Ensure that at every point in time, there is a trained provider present in these facilities by keeping watch on provider attrition and administering the providers status change forms.
- Maintain a database of providers and health facilities in the intervention states
- In collaboration with the Health Insurance and Primary Health Care development agencies, organize competency based and refresher trainings in reproductive health and wider primary healthcare service areas using the national approved protocols
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits and on the job coaching for partner facilities in the state
- Contribute to the development of IECs and promotional items as well as job aids
- Supports planning and distribution of free FP Commodities (LARCs) to partner facilities in the state.**Qualifications**
What are we looking for?
- Medical Officer (MBBS), Registered Nurse & Midwife (RN/RM) or RM.
- MPH, B.Sc Nursing and Masters in Community Health will be an added advantage.
- Experience in primary healthcare interventions will be an added advantage
- Experience in community-based health insurance scheme implementation will be an added advantage
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills.
- A strong communicator with a proven ability to explain data related concepts to a non-technical audience in a way that they understand and appreciate.
- Language skills: Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Hausa is an added advantage
- Ability to travel locally up to 40%.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and improve.
Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.