Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization committed to promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya since 1946. CHAK is seeking to recruit highly competent, experienced and fit for purpose key personnel in the anticipated five-year contract to continue acceleration of sustainable high-quality comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services, to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and HIV epidemic control, and transition to a sustainable service delivery model in the Central Kenya region.
1. PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
The position holder is the team lead and will provide technical, managerial and financial leadership to ensure successful implementation of the project work plan and achievement of program targets and deliverables within the approved budget. The PI is the primary liaison between CHAK and CDC, government agencies and other implementing partners.
· Lead and provide day-to-day management oversight and technical guidance to the Project team, including general financial and programmatic monitoring, ensuring quality and timeliness of all activities;
· Oversee the Project’s technical and strategic planning including annual work plans, budget, progress reports, and financial reports;
· Ensure program and local implementing partners’ compliance with Ministry of Health, donor and CHAK rules, regulations and priorities;
· Serve as the primary liaison for the Project with the donor, MOH and other stakeholders;
· Provide ongoing technical leadership to build the capacity of implementing partner entities;
· Direct and lead project implementation of approved work plans and budgets, and ensure compliance with organizational procedures and policies (including donor requirements);
· Provide leadership, team building and supervisory oversight to project staff;
· Participate and contribute to the overall mission of CHAK and perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Master’s degree in medicine, Public health, or equivalent qualification.
· At least 10 years’ experience in management position, implementing USG grants including CDC grants in HIV programming of similar size and scope.
· Demonstrable experience and knowledge in project management, process development and implementation.
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills for strategic, planning, and management of resources.
· Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others.
· Ability to build positive working relationships with the various stakeholder communities, government officials and other multilateral bodies and donor representatives.
· Experience working in NGO/FBOs umbrella organizations) and in a resource limited context.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th May 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process****