SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Clerk
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/029/2022
Duty Station : IOM Somalia in Nairobi, Kenya.
Classification : General Service Category, Grade G3
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Nine Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 10 September, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Context:
Under the overall supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and direct supervision of the Procurement Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing clerical support to procurement activities including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchase and delivery of office supplies and materials and equipment and providing project logistics and administrative support as well as preparing requests for payments, reporting and encoding
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Procurement and Finance Units in retrieval, photocopying and scanning documents
- Assist in maintaining records for office supplies and other consumables.
- Carry out procurement and logistical tasks within the office, including procurement, supply and transport, documentation, storage and warehousing, equipment upgrading.
- On a local level, liaise with customs and revenue officials to facilitate clearance of IOM consignment, as required by country law.
- Prepare monthly stock update spreadsheet for office supplies and warehouse and submit them to the Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Assist in receiving, inspection, verification goods received and report to Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- Assist in packing, weighting, loading, offloading, and shipping of goods destined for Head office in Mogadishu and sub-office in the field
- Monitor stocks of office supplies and report the stock level for replenishments to the Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- Assist filing all documents, report and procurement records, tenders, bids, etc and make sure they are updated regularly
- Prepares payment requests as indicated and follow up with finance unit for the timely payment to suppliers and service providers.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education • Bachelor’s degree in Economic or Business Administration from an accredited academic institution, with one year of relevant professional experience, or • Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience
Experience • Thorough understanding of IOM Procurement and Logistics policies, rules and regulations. • Excellent communication and negotiation skills. • Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned. • Ability to pay close attention to details, take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
Skills • Knowledge of Procurement and Logistics • Knowledge of basic financial rules and regulations. • Knowledge of the local context
Languages • Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of Somali is an added advantage. Required Competencies
Values • Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. • Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. • Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1 • Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. • Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. • Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. • Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. • Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Other Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting period:From 28.08.2022 to 10.09.2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted