AYGF is a regional non-Government Organization established in April, 2003 but registered in July 2006 with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, Nigeria. AYGF has an operational base in British Columbia Canada and Nigeria (Kogi State, Niger State, Ogun State, Katsina State, and FCT- Abuja).
Over the years, the Organization has implemented several projects that addressed issues around Migration, Public Health, Climate Change and Environment, Education, Democratic Governance, and Livelihood. We believe in an equitable society where the voice of the Youth and Communities is heard with their interests and welfare prioritized.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- With financing from the World Bank, the Accelerating Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) project aims to increase the utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls, andchildren under five years of age in select areas of Nigeria’s territory.
- Responsible for monitoring stock levels and overseeing the movement of incoming and outgoing goods.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual project procurement plans and monitor implementation;
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with AYGF Organisational policies and donor rules and regulations;
- Assist the Finance Manager with establishing internal control systems;
- Set up procurement processes, monitoring systems, and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement;
- Review and verify all purchase orders for goods and contract services;
- Maintain and update all procurement files and transaction matrices;
- Identify logistical bottlenecks and propose ways to fill in gaps;
- Direct and supervise stockroom management practices to ensure no overstocking and losses;
- Monitor and track project asset inventories;
- Plan, organise and lead the bid solicitation processes including drafting and issuing Requests for Quotes, developing bid evaluation criteria, and guiding clients on processes.
Education and Experience / Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Sciences, or Social Sciences with training in Procurement, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management
- At least 7 years of experience in procurement planning and management in private sector/international organizations(preferably NGO/INGO);
- Demonstrated experience in efficiently and efficaciously completing procurement of health-sector goods and commodities;
- Knowledge and ability to work on ICT tools for inventory management, logistics, and supply chain management;
- Knowledge of completing procurement in Nigeria or FCV countries;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English;
- Strong credibility and integrity in this domain.
Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledge of local markets and vendors;
- Strong personal, supervisory, and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and Organisational skills;
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application and addressed to “The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)”, via: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer, women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted.