For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF or the Foundation) has been partnering with communities, governments and other sectors to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in over 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa (AKFEA) would like to engage a Procurement Assistant. The incumbent will be reporting to the Procurement Coordinator. Specifically s/he will be responsible for the following things amongst others**:**
- Receive and verify documents for requisition of services to ensure adherence to procurement policies and guidelines
- Maintain a procurement schedule/tracking tool aligned to the various work plans
- Source for quotations from pre-qualified suppliers and negotiate for best prices and value
- Prepare comparative bid analysis with recommendations & justification and facilitate approval
- Raise LPOs for approval and issue the same to vendors /suppliers
- Receive and verify the goods supplied to AKFEA
- Compile documentation to support payment of goods and services rendered to AKF
- Generate various procurement reports as guided
- Support in the vendor/supplier pre-qualification exercise & coordinate service tender/RFQ processes
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure timely processing of utility bills, goods and services payments, VAT claims and DA1 forms (in case of tax exemption/refund claims)
- Enter transactions on to Finance ERP Business Central including capturing PRs and invoices onto the system
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, facilitate Insurance of AKFEA assets in line with the asset management policy
- Liaise with the insurer on cancellation and/or addition of any cover upon disposal or acquisition of any assets
- Facilitate preparation, submission and follow up payment on general insurance claims
- Prepare insurance premium schedules and follow up with all stakeholders to ensure the timely payment of the same and continuous reconciliation of the statements
- Issue property insurance invoices for AKDN agencies and submit the same to the Regional Property Manager /department for follow-up on payment
Logistics – Travel, Accommodation & Transport Services:
- Source for flight and accommodation quotations and, in consultation with the traveller, facilitate reservations accordingly and in line with AKFEA procurement guidelines
- Arrange ground transport where necessary and/or as guided
- Provide driver services as needed/guided
- Physical verifications of fixes assets and asset tagging
- A minimum of a Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or related field.
- 3-years relevant work experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Ms-Office.
- High level of integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Monday 8th August 2022 addressed to Regional Head of HR & Administration, Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa).
Click on the following link to Apply – www.akdn.org/careers/1988013
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.**
AKF Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
Aga Khan Foundation is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network