HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) – Kenya Office
Vacancy Advertisement- Kenyan Nationals Only
Job title: Procurement Assistant
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance
HIAS is an international non-profit organization that stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety, and opportunity. HIAS’ operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through community-based protection including psychosocial support, resilience building and the provision of durable solutions.
Organizationally, HIAS is guided by its Refugee Rights Framework. This right based approach, based on international human rights and humanitarian and refugee law and practice, provides a programming framework for HIAS’ focus on refugee protection. HIAS’ programming impact seeks to ensure that forcibly displaced people become contributors to society through the realization of their legal and civil rights and social and economic rights, to include 1) the right to protection from harm, violence, and discrimination, 2) the right to recovery from the shock of displacement, and 3) the right to economic self-sufficiency and inclusion
HIAS seeks to recruit a Procurement Assistant who will be responsible for procurement and purchasing of goods and services in a timely and accurate manner. The incumbent will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to HIAS policies, ethics, procedures and controls.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in preparation of periodic procurement documents i.e. tenders, procurement plans, tracker and monthly reports.
- Participate in prequalification and evaluation of suppliers/vendors
- Verification for completeness upon receipt of approved Purchase Requests Form (PRFs), , ensuring that specifications provided are adequate to facilitate sourcing of required goods and services
- Assist Procurement Officer in making direct purchases, single sourcing and dispatching requests for quotations to approved vendors providing accurate specifications.
- Carry out a summary bid analysis and assist in organizing for a meeting with the procurement committee to review the bid report and provide justification for the vendor to be awarded based on best value for money.
- Draft framework agreements and contract for approved vendors and supplies
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders where required upon approval of vendor by procurement committee.
- Ensure that the vendors provide the delivery of goods and services within the requested timeframe and that the goods are received are in good condition
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounts Team in ensuring that supplier’s invoices are processed and paid on a timely manner.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of suppliers.
- Any other task assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a major in Purchasing and supplies or Procurement/Supplies Management or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in Procurement or Purchasing
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally and externally)
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite-Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Email
· Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative pro activeness in the procurement process.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
How to apply
The applications (CV and Cover letter) should be submitted through the link
https://hias.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1750240&&&nohd#job quoting the Position Title:
Closing Date: 22nd September 2021
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.