Procurement Assistant -Baidoa- Open to Somali Nationals Only.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply chain coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
The procurement assistant is responsible for procurement, transportation, assets and support requested by the programs, office as well as handling documents and filing.
- Bachelor of Business administration/ supply chain management
- Procurement certification is mandatory
- CIPS is an added advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience of managing a similar work.
- Minimum 2 years proven work experience in procurement within a busy working environment such as UN/ INGOs
- Good English language command.
- Good computer and writing skills
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be closed on 12th September 2022
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Programme Officer (IYCF) at Save the Children
- Re-Advertisement Hydrological and Geophysical Surveyor for New Boreholes at Adeso
- Finance Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Education Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) – 3 Openings
- Administrative Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)