The Finance and Support Services Department (FSSD) provides effective delivery of IDLO’s finance, reporting, procurement, and information & communication technology to help deliver IDLO’s activities, thereby contributing to IDLO’s ability to strategically fulfill its mission. This also encompasses the optimization of IDLO’s internal policies and processes and extends to its organizational planning, target-setting, and performance measurement.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, the Procurement Associate ensures process integrity and provides administrative assistance to the Operations team to support program delivery.
- Provide procurement support and ensure process integrity.
- Support the procurement processes, update procurement plans, and undertake small procurement projects under the supervision of the Country Manager.
- Assist with market research for the goods and services to be procured and produce market research reports and cost estimations for the goods and services to be procured.
- Prepare Purchase Orders (POs), contracts for contracting services and vendors, and maintenance of a filing system.
- Monitor POs and contracts, including taking follow-up actions and monitoring deadlines for timely delivery of goods and services.
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files, keep track of any contractual agreements, and inform respective contract management officials and obligations.
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers and implement supplier selection and evaluation.
- Collect vendor forms from the vendors and control vendor forms in terms of completeness.
- Ensure management of stock of office supplies, including sourcing of vendors, purchasing of supplies as required, controlling receipt, storage, and issuance of supplies, and periodically updating stock cards.
- Support the Country Manager and the program team in procurement-related induction and technical support of sub-grantee partners.
- Assist the IDLO Global Procurement Lead at HQ and the Country Manager in staff induction and training on IDLO procurement guidelines and processes.
Education and Work Experience
- University Degree in Business / Public Administration or related field. Specialized training in procurement is an asset.
- Professional qualification in procurement.
- At least 3 years of procurement, contract management, and contract administration experience in public or international organizations.
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Sound understanding of procurement principles and practices
- Good contract law knowledge and expertise in managing complex contract issues
- Demonstratable negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to conduct independent research, identifying issues, formulating options, and making conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of seniority, both internally and externally;
- Ability to engage with stakeholders through collaborations, leading, and influencing business decisions.
- Demonstrable people management skills, including managing performance from direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Proven ability to analyze potential risks, promote risk awareness, and hold others to account for their practices.
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with people in a multicultural environment;
- Willingness to undertake periodic travel to other office locations in high-risk areas;
- Demonstrated ability to promote ethics and integrity
Terms & Conditions
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate Contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary of USD 18,000, medical insurance, and leave entitlements, including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Applications will be screened on a regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process to make the most effective use of resources.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications from qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
Application deadline: 2 March 2023 (23:59hrs, Rome Time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee/consultant/intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the consultancy opportunity to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Policy Advocacy Specialist at ZOA International
- Digital Skills Promotion Officer at ZOA International
- State Project / Training Coordinator at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
- Project Media Officer (I-RENEW) at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
- Programme Manager – Livelihoods Building Resilient Communities in West Kordofan (BRICK – II) at Concern Worldwide