Agaji Global Unity Foundation (AGUF) is an impartial, neutral, and independent Non-Governmental Organization whose mission exclusively established to promote life in underserved communities through empowering communities to know and protect lives including their environment towards ensuring safe habitation through participatory methodology. AGUF was established in 2008 but was incorporated in the year 2013 with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). AGUF exists to partner with government and relevant agencies to promote and strengthen humanitarian law and a universal principle that seeks to honor the dignity of mankind with support and believe that Life is worth living and living well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Duration: 12 months
- Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and the technical guidance of the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for Procurement and Logistics activities for AGUF Office in Yola.
- In coordination with AGUF’s Procurement Unit, she/he will carry out procurement and supply chain tasks in accordance with instructions, regulations and rules which governs AGUF’s management of resources.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance with AGUF and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Manage Procurement staff and Procurement Clerk.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Undergraduate or University Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Management, Administration, or related fields.
- At least 3 years, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft excel and A good command of English language.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- We provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment, and we are looking to fill these roles as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Finance Volunteer at Haske Humanitarian Aid Initiative – Adamawa & Bauchi
- Advocacy & Community Mobilization Officer at Haske Humanitarian Aid Initiative – Adamawa & Bauchi
- Finance Officer / Assistant at Haske Humanitarian Aid Initiative – Adamawa & Bauchi
- Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) Officer at Haske Humanitarian Aid Initiative – Adamawa & Bauchi
- Procurement and Logistics Officer Project at Haske Humanitarian Aid Initiative – Adamawa & Bauchi