Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Employment Type: Contract
- The project Promoting Access to Integrated GBV Services to Conflict Affected Communities in Borno State is a 8-month project (November 2022 – June 2023) funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Bama LGA of Borno state.
- The project targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Bama with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age.
- The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents.
- Arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated NHF procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured;
- Maintain an equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Provide support to international consultants as concerns communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc.;
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Prepare and issue contracts;
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of activities;
- Maintain files and records;
- Arrange external and internal meetings.
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of budgets and spending;
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and budget status reports;
- Liaise with internal or external auditors wherever required;
- Prepare reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Advise and assist international and national consultants and others on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com include your name and position you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disregarded.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Program Officer at Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI)
- Regional Business Development Manager – ESA at Save the Children
- Community Liaison Office Coordinator at U.S. Consulate
- Internal Auditor at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)