For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF or the Foundation) has been partnering with communities, governments and other sectors to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in over 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The procurement officer will oversee purchases and develop new contracts. This position, will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for AKFEA and ensure that procurement procedures are adhered to; maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory.
Reporting Line: The Procurement Officer will be reporting to the Regional Chief Finance Officer (CFO).
Specifically, the procurement officer will be responsible for the following:
- Receive and verify documents for requisition of services to ensure adherence to procurement policies and guidelines
- Maintain a procurement schedule/tracking tool aligned to the various work plans
- Source for quotations from pre-qualified suppliers and negotiate for best prices and value
- Prepare comparative bid analysis with recommendations & justification and facilitate approval
- Raise LPOs in Business Central (online platform) for approval and issue the same to vendors /suppliers
- Receive and verify the goods supplied to AKF and ensure that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and matching receipts to purchase orders
- Compile documentation to support payment of goods and services rendered to AKF
- Generate various procurement reports as guided
- Support in the vendor/supplier pre-qualification exercise & coordinate service tender/Request for Quotation (RFQ) processes
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure timely processing of utility bills, goods and services payments, VAT claims and DA1 forms for procured goods & services (in case of tax exemption/refund claims)
- Develop appropriate systems, policies and procedures for the management of AKF’s assets, and maintain an asset register for the same.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving products and services to be purchased
- Working with the Property Manager on all property procurements for various AKDN agencies.
- Working on the tendering process for various property requirements i.e., land valuation, lease renewals, repairs, and maintenance that may arise within AKDN agencies
- Review Uganda and Tanzania team procurement requests and contracts before signing off by the Regional Chief Executive Officer.
- Regularly review the procurement process, identify gaps, and make improvements.
- Following and enforcing AKF’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinating Greenhouse Gast Emissions data collection and reporting for Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Procurement for Consultancies
- Review Terms of Reference, and RFPs, advertise and receive proposals for various consultancies
- Pre-screening proposals submitted for various consultancy services
- Taking lead in the evaluation of proposals and selection of consultants for various projects.
- Contract drafting and management including follow ups on progress as well as invoices.
- Supporting with payments for various consultants.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, facilitate Insurance of AKF assets in line with the asset management policy
- Liaise with the insurer on cancellation and/or addition of any cover upon disposal or acquisition of any assets
- Facilitate preparation, submission and follow up payment on general insurance claims
- Prepare insurance premium schedules and follow up with all stakeholders to ensure the timely payment of the same and continuous reconciliation of the statements
- Issue property insurance invoices for AKDN agencies and submit the same to the Regional Property Manager /department for follow-up on payment**
- Coordinate yearly AKF Kenya Vehicle valuation process. Work alongside various stakeholders to ensure on time renewal of vehicle insurance.
- Ensure timely payments of insurance premiums
Travel, Accommodation & Transport Services:
- Source for flight and accommodation quotations and, in consultation with the traveler, facilitate reservations accordingly and in line with AKFEA procurement guidelines
- Where applicable or as may be required, source for ground transport or driver services
- Reconciliation of invoices and payment of vendors in BC
How to apply
Required Qualifications/Experience and How to Apply
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Diploma in purchasing and supply from CIPS. A holder of CPA (1) will be an added advantage.
- 3-years relevant work experience.
- Computer applications in Excel, Word and in particular Oracle i-Procurement and Oracle Purchasing
- At least five years Work experience in a similar or equivalent job.
- High level of integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands.
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting;
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Swahili;
- Adherence to AKF’s values and safeguarding policy.
Click on the link below to Apply
“***AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment***.”