CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice and places a particular emphasis on women and girls, their dignity and empowerment to lead their communities out of poverty.
CARE began working in Tanzania in April 1994, in response to the crisis in Rwanda and the subsequent influx of refugees into the Kagera Region of North-western Tanzania. Over the subsequent years, CARE Tanzania developed innovative education, health, microfinance, and environmental programs across most regions of the country. In Tanzania CARE works with the Government both in mainland and Zanzibar and other stakeholders to transform communities and ensure financial inclusion and independence, health and nutrition, climate-smart development resilience, especially for women and girls.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit self-motivated, results driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanian to fill a Procurement Officer position to serve the country office and will be based in Dar es Salaam.
The Procurement Officer is responsible in the procurement function ensuring that the department conduct procurement using high-quality supply chain management procedures to effectively deliver on the program priorities. Responsible for ensuring goods, services and consultancy are sourced in a transparent manner, considering value for money and in compliance with CARE International, donor, and government rules and regulations. The position reports to the Director of Administration and Operations.
- Procurement Planning, Management and Reporting – Support program teams to prepare annual procurement plans and monitor their implementations and prepare procurement reports accordingly
- Conduct procurement of goods, services and consultancies in accordance with CARE International, donors’ and government Policies, Procedures and Systems; and support staff to understand and comply.
- Support management of contracts and vendors while maintaining and promoting good working relations with approved and required vendors
- Manage Customers Service with Excellence for maintenance of effective relationship with customers for improved service delivery
- Support the Country Office in Compliance and risk management – in collaboration with program staff build capacity of partners on prudent procurement processes, principles and donor regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/ purchasing, Logistics or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification in Procurement and or Supply Chain Management (CIPS qualification or equivalent is an added advantage).
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in managing procurement function in a very busy environment/ Knowledge of local markets, local as well as international procurement regulations.
- Proficient Computer skills, competence in use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Team player- proven experience of working as an integrated team player working with diverse teams, working collaboratively towards achieving a team goal.
- Quick decision-making capability, highly paced in terms of delivery, spotting gaps, being proactive and hardworking with capacity to work independently.
- Working experience in Financial and Grants Management Integrated system i.e. PEOPLESOFT system specifically with procurement module.
- Excellent planning, negotiation, and verbal and written communication skills – ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing demands of the job.
- Good understanding of various donor policies and procedures relevant to the operations.
- Honesty, integrity, open and transparent personality
- Concentration, accuracy, and excellent attention to details
- Motivated, energetic and strives to support others.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
How to apply
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department at TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by 21st January 2023 at 12:30hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female and people with disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults from abuse.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Specialist- M&E Technology at International Rescue Committee
- MPRR Programme Support Intern at International Organization for Migration
- TLM Development and Coordination Advisor at World Education
- Administrateur/trice National(e) Chargé(e) de Programme Suivi – Evaluation FT/NOB (P2) at World Food Programme
- Finance And Human Resources Manager (M/F) – MUEDA at Solidarités International