myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audition Project form TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Product, you will lead the delivery of digital product solutions for a defined user segment. You will use empathy and human centred design techniques to understand needs across the business and prioritise with compassion and a focus on impact. You will work directly with a team of experienced software engineers to provide digital solutions and use a design guide to create mockups. You will have final approval deployments and ensure that user acceptance criteria are met, before and after deployment.
Our users are internal back-office teams, field-based sales and support agents, delivery agents, quality controllers and farmers. The tech includes custom mobile and web applications, Salesforce CRM, SMS and WhatsApp communication, partnerships and integrations with telecoms, cloud-based systems, and reporting using a data warehouse and Tableau.
Today, these products support our 100,000+ farmers across 3 markets. It will be your job to shape and achieve the best digital solutions to serve 1 million farmers across many markets in the next 3 years.
- Own the roadmap of digital solutions for a defined user segment
- Maintain open and clear lines of communication with important team members and users to cultivate a realistic perspective, create enthusiasm and manage expectations
- Report on the primary goals and metrics for your team and your deliverables
- Work with the engineering team to review and design your product delivery process
- Ensure that all features / changes deployed fulfil user acceptance criteria and iterate
- Advocate for providing a joyous customer experience and enhance the voice of the user
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner of digital products
- Can transform user needs, requirements and goals into an impactful roadmap
- Can determine the vision and report on important metrics for your target user segment
- Experience using Agile development methodologies with globally distributed teams and users from diverse cultural backgrounds
- English and French fluency
- Field work is important so competency in Wolof, Serer, Bambara or Swahili would be a bonus
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- Health insurance
- approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year – varies slightly according to local labor laws
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Job City Thies, Dakar, or Bamako