Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Human Resources Department.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND JOB ENVIRONMENT
The Profile Manager (PM) is hierarchically accountable to the Head of Recruitment, Development and Pool Manager and aims at contributing to develop the necessary professionals to support OCBA needs in terms of international positions in the short, mid and long term.
The position is placed within the HR Department including the Management and Assistant to the Department and 5 units: Policy Making; HR Management Unit; Recruitment, Development and Pool Management; Training; and Administration of Persons.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Responsible of composition and matching of the pools assigned
- Analyse and continuously update the Ops needs in order to define the inflow of new candidates to respond to current and future needs in OCBA projects and missions. Advocate for 1st mission positions.
- Enhance DEI (Diversity-Equity-Inclusion) within the coordination pools.
- Set the priority needs for the Recruitment Team well in advance to ensure enough HR having the qualifications, training and competencies needed to address the operational needs.
- Define and continuously update, in coordination with Head of Pool and the PM of each profile, the targets of 1st mission candidates by profile.
- Ensure communication / consulting with other profile managers about common positions in order to appoint the candidates best suiting the job requirements and ensuring a global team view of the balance in projects.
- Participation in field team meetings and with HRCOs to ensure flow of communication and pertinence in terms of team dynamics and team balance.
- Ensure communication with HRM in order to revise the files of the key local staff identified by missions interested in to be part of the mobile pool.
- Liaise with the technical referents in the technical departments for technical briefings, validation and the development of the pool as necessary.
Career Management of the profiles assigned
- Provide an adequate induction to MSF (BF, PPD, specific support…) and to the specific positions to be hold in the field.
- Guarantee that all the candidates pre-matched have access to the needed and updated information about the position, benefits, project, security…
- Be responsible for searching, identifying and appointing the people to fill field vacancies, seeing in turn to the development of a career path for the Mobile Staff pool.
- Keep information about availability and qualifications of each candidate in data base in order to define the most appropriate assignment in the field.
- Keep regular communication with the people in the pool.
- Follow up together with the HR Advisor that Mobile Staff receive the evaluations & upward feedbacks required.
- Support each person of the pool to gain awareness and assimilate the improvement areas detected during the recruitment phase and during the first 12 months on the field.
- Based on the profile, previous experience and/or level of performance shown on the field assess which is the most appropriate career path in MSF for each person of the pool considering the professional ambitions of the candidates, the MSF opportunities and the field needs.
- Be the liaison with Behaviour Unit to ensure members of the pool are aware and adhere to OCBA Behaviour Frame.
Feedback the Recruitment Team to enable a continuous improvement of selection tools
The quality of the recruitment process and the newcomers joining the organization is a crucial procedure to be continuously improved. Not only the Competency Profile, the Technical Expertise and the Flexibility, but also the long-term engagement with MSF and the commitment to Humanitarian Principles, are key assets to protect from the Recruitment side.
- Analyse the main strengths and weaknesses that 1stM/junior show in their first assignment, by profile, recruitment actor, nationality, etc.
- Identify the core behaviours that make 1st missioners to succeed and collaborate with Recruitment Unit in the design of recruitment solutions.
- Report and feedback the Recruitment Unit of OCBA and all PSs with the lessons learnt in terms of Competencies, Technical know-how and Commitment/Flexibility of each 1stM/junior assigned to the field.
Interaction with other OC’s and Partner Sections
- Coordinate with the pool managers of the others OC’s , sharing needs, information and resources when needed and possible.
- Coordinate with the Career Managers in the Partner Sections to increase the people from other PS engaged with OCBA operations. Collaborate with CM in the follow up of the development needs and career management of these people.
- Actively participate in the PPD (Preparation for Primary Departure course).
- Participate in the department and unit planning as well as in defining and/or adjusting the MSF Spain/OCBA HR policy.
- Participate as a facilitator in training courses and workshops organised by MSF Spain/OCBA.
- Experience in HR.
- Field experience with MSF in various projects.
- Good command of English and French. Spanish desirable.
- IT knowledge as a user (Microsoft Office setting).
- Knowledge / experience in ERP/SAP systems will be a plus.
- Professional background matching with one of the pools will be a plus.
- Identification with MSF
- Cross-cultural Awareness and Flexibility
- Analytical thinking
- Information Search and Management
- Quality and Result orientation
- Planning and organising
- Initiative and Innovation
- Internal User and / or End Beneficiary orientation
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi), preferably outside Spain.
- 40 hours per week, with permanent contract – minimum commitment of 3 years.
- Annual gross salary: HQ- 4A (12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits, based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter: https://careers.msf-applications.org/job-invite/6287/
Closing date: 20th April 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.