Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant – Risk Communication and Community Engagement
Employment Type: Full Time
- BA-Nigeria is implementing several Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) projects for infectious diseases.
- The program assistant will support administrative, financial, logistics and programmatic tasks required for efficient implementation of RCCE projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative and technical support to One Health Key Stakeholders – Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) and Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv);
- Provide support to the planning, coordination and implementation of social and behavior change and risk communication programming for zoonotic diseases; including review of risk communication and social behavior change materials and resources such as strategies, guidelines, training manual, communication materials, scripts, job aids, surveys;
- Provide technical assistance to coordination of the activities of the national risk communication technical working group, infodemic management technical working group and other infectious diseases working groups;
- Serve as key liaison officer with other projects and units within the BA-N project;
- Provide support to planning for programmatic research processes such as desk reviews, gaps assessment as well as project activities such as development of activity budgets and travel plans across all program areas, writing and submission of timely and quality activity reports and field notes;
- Other duties as identified and assigned by supervisor and/or Abuja country office program leads.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of an HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working within the health sector and in related tasks. Experience of working with Government agency is an advantage.
- Fair understanding of key components of Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) and Social Behaviour Change is desirable.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, concept notes and reports is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in English language is required.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and work successfully within a cross-cultural, multi-sectoral, multi-project team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter and CV as a single PDF file saved with their full names to: email@example.com using the job title and the location as the subject of the mail. E.g., ”Program Assistant – Risk Communication and Community Engagement, Abuja”.