Position: Program Associate -Alkufrah
Overview of position
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following Our client ’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of Our client staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure Our client is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
Leads by Example with Integrity
- Upholds Our client values, principles, and standards.
- Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the Our clienvalues, principles and standards.
- Respects others and values diversity
- Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language and encourages others to do the same.
- Stays focused and calm under pressure.
- Stays focused and calm when under pressure and encourages others to do the same.
- Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn.
- Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop.
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
- Delivers results for maximum impact.
- Holds self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results.
- Delegates appropriately
- Delivers results against delegated tasks and seeks guidance and support where needed.
- Adapts readily to change.
- Responds readily to change adjusting work as needed.
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative.
- I inclusive and collaborative.
- Promotes inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by sharing ideas and openly raising issues.
- Gives timely and constructive feedback.
- Supports development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback.
- Builds and shares new perspectives.
- Listens attentively to others to capture, learn, build, and share new perspectives.
Applies Strategic Thinking
- Communicates and fulfils our client vision.
- Fulfils our client vision and is able to explain how their objectives support the vision.
- mbraces curiosity and new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrates curiosity and proposes new ways of doing things when relevant.
- Analyses and evaluates data.
- Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team decision making.
- Considers the impact of decisions.
- Implements decisions and asks questions to understand the impact for wider objectives.
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
- Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas
- Emergency Programming
- Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government
- Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level.
- Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
- Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high-quality emergency programmes.
- Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
- Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on the CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using this link: