Desired start date: 01/09/22 Duration of the mission: 6 months Location: Malakal, Upper Nile
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL (SI) has been responding to humanitarian needs in South Sudan for over 16 years. In 2022, we will continue working alongside communities in some of the hardest to reach areas. SI provides clean water, sanitation and other lifesaving activities, while supporting vulnerable communities to strengthen their resilience to shocks, rebuild their livelihoods, and regain a sense of normality in some of the hardest of circumstances.
To learn more about the South Sudan mission, please click here.
ABOUT THE JOB
SI will implement a 2 years EU-funded project in Upper Nile and Jonglei states (South Sudan) in partnership with Non-Violent Peaceforce (NP).
Under this project, the consortium will deliver integrated WASH, FSL and peacebuilding/reconciliation services to the community with the ultimate goal of reducing the conflict intensity in the targeting areas.
SI will implement long-term and innovative WASH and FSL activities, aiming at reinforcing the resilience of affected communities. Communities will be engaged to identify their needs and will be leading the response – this joint implementation of activities will reinforce community reconciliation process.
The role of the P&C manager
The program and consortium manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals. As such:
- He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
- He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
- He/she ensures smooth coordination with the other consortium members and ensure relevant programmatic synergies.
- Launch the 2 years project
- Closely coordinate with the consortium partner to prepare joint initial planning of the project and proper team work
- Recruit the team, implement proper induction and training
- Implement the initial needs assessments and prepare comprehensive reports
- Start project implementation, focusing on community engagement and proper inclusion of protection
- Based on the mission decision, potentially train the national PM to prepare the nationalization of this position.
- Project relevance, quality and design
- Implementation and operational monitoring
- Institutional Knowledge Building (IKB)
- Personnel management
- Reporting / communication / representation / Consortium coordination
Management: 2 direct reports: 2 activity managers (WASH and FSL).
Budget: EUR 3 Million for 2 years and for 2 partners.
- Programmatic vision: to ensure implementing this project with a development mindset, shifting from SI routine emergency implementation framework.
- External relations: to ensure smooth and fruitful coordination with NP + to gain a proper understanding of NP expertise to maximise synergies.
- Management: to provide the team clear recommendations regarding the needed organigram, based on the foreseen workplan and workload.
- Capacity building: to train properly the team to ensure they fully understand the logic of intervention and will properly engage with the community.
- University’s degree or equivalent in law, political science, international organization management or project management or a relevant field
- Experience in program management, preferably multisectoral project.
- Experience in the implementation of development-oriented project.
- Experience in consortium project.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task and support
- Experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts
+ Experience with SI is an asset.
+ Experience in South Sudan is a plus.
- Very good diplomacy and representation skills
- Ability to write clear and well-argued proposals and reports
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to assess challenges and recommend solutions
- Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Significant knowledge and experience of project cycle management,
- Knowledge of the WASH, Protection and FSL sectors
- Team management abilities and cultural awareness
+ Computer literacy with very good command of MS Office Suite
- Respect of security rules
- Adaptability to changing work environment and possible volatile security situation
- Bilingual in English.
+ Arabic is an asset.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position According to experience, starting from EUR 1 980 gross / per month (base salary EUR 1 800 + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) + a monthly Per Diem of USD 700.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI). In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Insurance package Expatriates benefit from an insurance package, which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Staff will be based in Malakal’s humanitarian hub – SI accommodations, managed by IOM where all other UN Agencies and INGOs are living in their own accommodations too.
- SI has also an office in a separate location within the hub for work purposes.
- Food is served by a common hub canteen three times a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner with fair expenditure per meal is required.
- Energy and water is provided by IOM – no disruption of services.
- SI has its own VSAT internet for office and accommodation.
- Good access to sub-bases and areas of intervention.
Safety and security rules are regularly reviewed and adapted to the situation, to minimize the exposure to the COVID 19, in constant monitoring and adaptation to the context evolution. This include social distancing, teleworking and strict hygienic rules, such as regular handwashing etc.s
Please note that SI strongly recommends its staff to get the vaccination against COVID 19, using WHO-approved vaccines.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English through the following link :
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
To learn more about SI, please visit our website.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Clinical Trial Coordinator- VIRUTUBISHO Trial at Wellcome Trust
- Viya Chatbot Developer Consultant at Population Services International
- Deputy Director, Awards Management Systems at International Rescue Committee
- Contracts Specialist at International Rescue Committee
- Project Assistant – Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) at DanChurchAid