The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria. We make available information on sexual reproductive Health/ Family planning for improved quality of life.
- ob Type Full Time
- Experience 7 years
- Location Borno
On this regard CHAD therefore seek a competent person to fill below position;
Job Summary: The Child Protection Coordinator will coordinate the Northeast Child Protection Emergency Responseand manage the social protection interventions to ensure maximum integration of synergies as projects are implemented
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management and Coordination:
- Provide overall leadership in managing and coordinating the implementation of emergency response and social protection activities according to the respective projects’ implementation and organization standards.
- Guide and offer technical support to staff on emergency response, and other project interventions based on the organizational commitment to emergency response.
Project monitoring and evaluation:
- Facilitate effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with grants’ agreements, minimum standards and tools
- Support the baseline and evaluation processes in liaison with the M&E for the different social protection projects targeting IDPs and host communities
- Establishment of functional project level M&E system and utilization of the information in liaison with the M&E team.
- Manage humanitarian emergency response and social protection projects’ information and documentation processes, and ensure effective communication of the project results.
- Keenly monitor and manage projects’ budgets in line with grants agreements and standards.
- Risk management by monitoring, addressing and reporting any risks to management of program funds and budgets.
- Ensure assets of the organization in the operations are safe and secured in line with projects’ grant regulations, MoUs and agreements.
- Support audit processes in line with the projects’ audit regulations
Performance management and supervision:
- Manage, supervise and build capacity of staff in project development, management and implementation especially in humanitarian emergency response, and other related project activities.
- Identify staff capacity and promote staff welfare during the response.
- Facilitate coaching, mentoring and counseling sessions for staff within the humanitarian emergency response and social protection.
- Provide technical direction to humanitarian Emergency Response staff in child protection, planning and preparation of M&E documents.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Provide overall leadership, management and guidance to the development of project designs, concepts and fundable proposals for Child Protection activities
- Carry out assessments as required in the response area
- Review humanitarian emergency response projects’ documents and align them to set guidelines and standards
Network and collaboration:
- Take part in the coordination meetings at national, cluster and camp and settlement levels.
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in planning and implementation of humanitarian emergency response and social protection activities.
- Develop a database of strategic networks and partnerships for advocacy within the district and at national level.
- Facilitate the integration of Advocacy and justice for children in emergency response interventions.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare and submit quality reports (progress against delivery of outputs and achievement of outcomes, etc)
- Collaborate with relevant organizations, agencies and actors in the IDP settlement camps and host communities to plan for transition from the onset
- Ensure compliance to the child protection policy in all project interventions in accordance with the inter-agency guidelines, organization policies and Global child protection minimum standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CHAD Int’l Child Protection Coordinator job opportunity must hold at least master Degree in Social Work, Business administration, Social Administration, International Relations, Education or related field.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in humanitarian work and 4 years in community development programing
- Self-motivated with excellent management and leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit no more than 3-page CV and cover letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to Human Resource Officer and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is strictly on the email provided. Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
Note: All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps