Program Implementation & Data Collection Intern
PURPOSE OF INTERNSHIP:
The internship will provide an opportunity for professional training through support to the team based on the activities:
- Support set up of safe spaces for Cycle two and three in Marsabit county.
- Conduct mentors trainings on GIRL H curriculum.
- Support in monitoring of groups during safe space meetings.
- Collect session attendances in the safe spaces and support in entering to excel or commcare.
- Mobilise participants for MIW activities.
- Support transition of participants to different pathways.
- Do data cleaning, entry and share data with M&E officer.
- Support mentorship,coanching and management of participants at their safe spaces.
- Report any issues with safe space activities to P.O for address.
- Guide mentors in filling of data collection forms.
- Mobilize communities and participants to attend champion days.
After this internship, the intern will:
- Gain hands-on experience in GIRL program implementation.
- Gain experience in working in a multicultural environment with diverse activities
- Gain experience in working in an international humanitarian organization
- Ability to attend to coordinate and work well with other Team members.
- Demonstration of participation in rogram implementation.
- Abililty to write reports on field activities.
- Ability to compile a safe space timetable.
- Ability to enter and share clean verifiable data.
- Ability to work with adolescents and young people.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certificate, Diploma/degree in Community Development, Economic Development, Gender and development studies, Business, Agriculture, Livestock or related field.
- Should have knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection, reporting techniques and should understand and be able to apply basic measures of central tendency and spread;
- Commitment to working with Women, Girls, youth and vulnerable groups in need, regardless of race, tribe, religion or gender;
- Understanding of working with local partners and commitment to working with GIRL H team.
- Good problem solving, written and oral communication skills;
- Strong written and spoken English and Swahili;
- Local language skills required;
- Ability to work without constant supervision and as part of a mixed team;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, Word, and Access
Method of Application
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Project Support Consultant at UN-Habitat
- Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Logistics Consultant at Chemonics
- Coordinateur·trice Terrain Adjoint·e Programmes – N’Délé – RCA at Première Urgence Internationale
- Humanitarian Inclusion Advisor at CBM Global Disability Inclusion