Overview about Bunyan Organization
Independent non-profit organization care about the Syrian Children and youths’ affairs, established in 2004 as charity association by Syrian engineers, where it started its activities in the city of Aleppo north of Syria, then BONYAN started emergency response to the Syrian crisis in NW Syria in 2014 and has been registered legally in Turkey in Gaziantep.
BONYAN’s Syria and Refugee Response program is centered into children and youth support and development to enhance them to be an active participant in the renaissance of the Syrian civil society in the future of Syria, and is structured around three four main sectors: Education, Protection, ERL, and Emergency Response.
People’s development makes them prepared and responsible aiming to the rise of the Syrian society and the creation of its civilization.
We work to improve the Quality of Education and strengthen the values to contribute to the rise of the Syrian society.
Proficiency – Initiative – Welfare – Abundance
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Code: TR-Prgm- Mngr-2212
Reported to: CEO
Job Description Details:
- Ensuring that all Bonyan’s projects are on schedule, on budget, and ultimately on an upward trajectory of growth and success.
- Maintaining comprehensive follow-up of projects within the four sectors under the same one program and ensuring that they are coherent to achieve the organization’s strategic goals without directly managing.
- Increasing the growth of organizations’ resources and support the organization in sustainability of its projects.
- Maintaining the smooth successful strategic relationship with the donors of the existed projects.
- Enabling more opportunities for sustainable funding.
- Support Bonyan strategy and maintain the implementation of all BONYAN related policies and achieve the PDQ department annual objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the overall implementation of the projects plans and identify technical and time deviations resolving all findings.
- Supervise the managers of the four sectors (Edu, Pro, ERL, and ER) under the one unified BONYAN Program.
- Overcome the problems of deviations in the implementation of the projects of the organization and take remedial actions in a timely manner
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between the various sectors to achieve the strategic objectives of BONYAN.
- Lead the Coordination between the four sectors managers from one side and the financial department from the other side to set the operational budget for each project according to the previously approved budgets.
- Provide technical and administrative support to sectors managers, assisting them in solving the problems they encounter.
- Prepare monthly reports for each sector and submit them to the PDQ Manager and Executive Management.
- Present developmental ideas and suggestions regarding project implementation procedures in Bonyan organization.
- Attend the meetings of the executive office of the organization, expressing opinions and proposals for developing work.
- Submit weekly, monthly and periodic reports to the PDQ Manager, related to projects under implementation and the status of each project.
- Conduct any other tasks assigned to her/him by the PDQ manager and the Executive Director within the limits of their competence.
- Manage the process of building, developing and maintaining relationships with donors of the current ongoing projects.
- Supervise the process of preparing project proposals and budgets in coordination with the grants and other related departments within the organization.
- Review and approve the reports prepared by the projects managers and the sectors managers for the donors in coordination with the other related organization’s departments.
- Continuous communication with the donor during the implementation of the project phases.
- Prepare the annual operational plan for the program and its four sectors, distributing it into interim assignments and milestones.
- Represent the organization in technical meetings and coordination platforms.
- Participate in the meetings of the heads of sections internally in the organization.
- Develop and train the four sectors’ managers team members and periodically evaluating their performance.
- Develop the organization’s program profile and other identification tools.
- Improving the mental image of the organization in front of the donors related to the organization’s projects and activities.
- Advocacy for sustainability of the funding of the projects.
- Participate in designing the program strategy.
- Review and approve the recruitment, procurement, and logistic procedures related to the projects under different sectors.
- Review and approve the publication of the media products related to the current ongoing projects.
- University degree in business administration or relevant field of study.
- Project Management Certificate, PMD is preferred
- Practical experience of not less than 4 years in in Senior Management position
- Excellent English language skills (spoken, written and reading), Turkish language skills is preferred;
- Experience delivering capacity building training and materials development is preferred;
- Hard-working, proactive and able to priorities and delegate a demanding workload
- Proven experience in Project management, proposal writing,
- Experience in working with international donors is preferred.
- Professional experience from the on-going Syria crisis or from another emergency context is desirable.
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows MS office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Development of policies and procedures
- Very good supervision and managerial skillsHigh communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion
- Professional behavior, integrity, tact, and good judgment.
How to apply
Interested applicants are kindly requested to follow this link to apply
the CV (CV should be named by the full name of the applicant and make sure it has been uploaded before submission).
Bunyan is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted through the personal Email which has been mentioned in the job application form