Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government, and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace-building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, Nutrition, education as well as governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The State Programme Manager will be responsible for supervising CCDRN activities, including staff management and liaison with stakeholders at the state level.
- S/He will provide leadership, technical support, and guidance to the state team to effectively manage the organization’s activities in Sokoto State.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Represent CCDRN in various forums with relevant government institutions, civil society organizations, and donor platforms.
- Provide regular updates to the CCDRN HQ on the organization’s performance in the delivery of programs across the state.
- S/He led the team to collect and assess data across the CCDRN-targeted communities.
- Develop project implementation feedback and response mechanism explicitly designed to gather and respond to project stakeholders’ feedback.
- Identify new opportunities for protection intervention and work closely with state institutions to address them.
- Oversee training, coaching, and continuous technical support to state protection actors.
- In collaboration with relevant sectors, develop actionable work plans to ensure timely implementation in the state.
- Monitor progress toward the objectives and intended outputs of the project using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Contribute to developing robust protection data collection systems to ensure that the program is data-driven and that programmatic decisions are grounded in evidence.
- Keep abreast of the changing operational environment and identification of changing protection needs.
- Ensure linkage, coordination, and sharing of information on activities with relevant state and national-level NGOs, international organizations, donors, and the government.
- Actively participate in Protection Cluster meetings and other humanitarian coordination platforms.
- Ensure activities are fully documented, including regular and systematic data collection.
- Ensure timely weekly and monthly reports to the donor and relevant state institutions.
- Ensure ethical and confidential data collection during case management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
Qualification, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Science, Law, Humanities, or other related field
- At least five years of experience in protection activities, in particular, protection monitoring, case management, counseling, social work, or another related field
- Previous experience supervising field protection staff
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEAL) in the humanitarian sector
- Fluency in English and Hausa Languages
- Knowledge and experience with community outreach and mobilization
- Familiarity with humanitarian and protection contexts in northern Nigeria. Experience working in Sokoto state will be an added advantage
- Positive and professional attitude, including the ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling programs
- Good understanding of humanitarian interventions and social protection.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document in one email attachment to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State it in the subject line of your mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women to apply.