About FilmAid Kenya
FilmAid Kenya is a development and humanitarian communications organization working in the Kenya Refugee Operation for over 20 years. FilmAid Kenya harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies and promote social change through dialogue to protect the well-being of displaced and vulnerable populations. FilmAid Kenya is working to build stronger, healthier, and more informed communities in health, education, protection, WASH and livelihoods.
The Program Manager will supervise the successful delivery of FilmAid Kenya’s programs by leading the efficient and effective coordination for planning, implementation and reporting for FilmAid Kenya multiple donor funded programs.
Key Performance Indicators:
- All projects are planned, implemented and delivered on time in accordance to internal and grants’ contractual obligations;
- Timely submission of quality organizational and donor reports for existing and new grants in accordance with donor and internal reporting requirements;
- Program management processes are improved, ensuring we’re meeting targets according to work-plans;
- Effective communication and coordination with project team leads, SMT and donors.
Program Management: (70%)
Working with the Executive Director, Project Team leads and the SMT the Program Manager shall fulfil the following;
A. Planning, Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation and Technical Support
- Organizational Planning: In coordination with the Executive Director and the Area Managers, leads the development of annual organizational plans; lead the consolidation and review of monthly area-level work-plans;
- Organizational Reporting: Maintains an effective program reporting system to ensure the submission of timely and quality organization’s quarterly and annual reports to the SMT and the Board of Directors;
- HR Management and technical supervision of the program teams: Leads the recruitment of program and project related staff and supervises the Senior MERL Officer and Program Officer; Ensures that the Field Senior Program Officers and other key program staff ensure compliance and reflectively of FilmAid Kenya’s commitment to quality and meet donor contractual obligations;
- Oversees that the M&E Department has set up the tools, system, processes, and procedures to ensure the timely collection, aggregation and analysis of M&E data; Reviews all M&E reports and provides support to the MERL Officer as required; the timely establishment of work plans and M&E plans to donors; Reviews all learning and research products, and leads the development of the strategy;
- Programmatic Information Management: archiving grants documents, plans, reports, M&E data, methodologies, content, trackers in collaboration with the Program Officer; Maintains a stakeholder database and keeps track of programmatic meetings between FilmAid Kenya and UN agencies, donors, aid agencies, government stakeholder to foster positive relationships;
- Project Quality Control: methodologies, progress against work plans – aligned with field-level meetings (agree on purpose of meeting, objective at country level); Ensures that the design and technical support by FilmAid Kenya staff for content production, training and community engagement meets donor requirements and FilmAid Kenya’s internal quality standards;
- Back-stopping Support: management of bulk SMS system; field-level programmatic support in case of gaps in staffing or other needs – working closely with the Area Managers;
2. Grants Management
- Project Inception: lead project inception process at NBO-level; support Area Managers to facilitate field-level project inception processes; monitoring procurement plans; support The Area Managers with the field-level grant planning processes;
- Leads all project launch activities and coordinate with the area managers to ensure area-based inception
- Project Implementation: Supports Project Team Leads to ensure that they are implementing work plans on time and scope;
- Donor Reporting: Maintains the donor reporting tracker and ensure timely submission of program reports to Donors; Coordinates closely with the MERL Department to ensure that M&E data is incorporated into program reports; Supports and at times leads the production of program reports; Reviews all contractually obligated program reports prior to submission to the donor; Submits reports to donors and holds follow-up and review meetings with donors as necessary.
- Plans Project Close-outs; Leads project closeout activities in collaboration with the Area Managers to enhance program learning for subsequent projects
B. Organizational Management & Development (30%)
- Strategic Planning: Supports the Executive Director in the development of organizational multi-year strategic plans and annual reviews;
- Resource Acquisition: Leads the development with support of Team Leads and Technical specialists to continually review and update organizational and project profiles, maps, thematic briefs, and other communication and marketing materials; works closely with Executive Directors, Area Managers and relevant Senior staff on GO/NO GO decisions for opportunities; Drafts concept notes and work closely with the Executive Directors, Area Managers and Senior staff to brainstorm new activities and concepts; Coordinates the development of all proposals, actively contributing to the technical writing and ensuring compliance with solicitation requirements;
- Represents the Executive Director in external meetings with stakeholders, donors and partners as required.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Education: bachelor’s degree in communications, International Development, or any other relevant social and behavioral science discipline.
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of four years of progressive professional management level experience in program planning, implementation and coordination, preferably with an international humanitarian aid organization managing donor-funded projects.
- Job Knowledge:
- High-level project coordination experience, with requisite skills in program cycle management, developing and managing workplans, internal communications, supervising and leading diverse, multi-cultural, cross-functional teams in multiple locations, and multi-language environments;
- Project and Portfolio management experience required, including proven proposal developments, ability to deliver quality program outcomes in a time-sensitive manner in multiple tasking environment; Previous proven evidence of developing performance management plans, results frameworks, logical frameworks; production of quality program and donor reports;
- Experience with principles and practice of humanitarian aid and/or development;
- Have a high-level understanding of MERL systems.
3. Key Skills and Competencies;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to use program management software and excellence in using Microsoft Officer products (Office 365, Excel, Word);
- Must be highly organized and able to work with other teams;
- Solutions-oriented, pro-active, hands-on, and detailed-oriented;
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV, and 3 references to Email address: email@example.com on or before 21st May 2023 at 5.00 pm EAT and clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Program Manager’.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials, or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.