Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-religious and Women-led organization with the vision of “a society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on an equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected” and the mission of “Promoting gender equality, peace and sustainable development and empowering women & girls”.
Job Title: Program Manager, Education
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Role
- Budget Responsibilities: Yes.
Key Areas of Accountability
Projects Coordination & Management:
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of the ECW-MYRP across Northeast in line with the design of the project and donor requirements.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen linkages in the management and implementation of the project.
- Create and sustain positive working relationships with the partners and other stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate LGEA, and State level engagements with partners and key stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure timely and quality reports are submitted as per the reporting requirements.
- Working closely with Education Field officers Biu, Hawul, Damboa, Meal Officers Head of, Supply Chain, Finance and MEAL to ensure quality program delivery, documentation and reporting of progress.
Operational Planning and implementation:
- Project Manager Education, provide ensure planning, development of detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting.
- Overseeing the implementation and budget performance in line with the project plans and budgets.
- Effectively support the projects staff in developing weekly, monthly and annual plans, in line with ECW Project design and GEPaDC planning guidelines and ensure compliance with the agreed work plans and that programme objectives and targets are being realized in line with the funding proposals.
- Support staff to ensure that ECW implementation is to the desired standards and on time.
- Provide guidance to the partners through the planning processes to develop plans that are cost effective and in line with ECW funding.
- Maintain high standard of transparency and accountability in the course of programme implementation while ensuring integrity and timeliness of activities implementation in meeting programme objectives, compliance with donors & GEPaDC policies.
- Provision of regular operations and implementation updates on project progress and challenges to allow for timely interventions and corrective actions by management.
- Ensure the timely reviews and adjustments for the project operational and implementation plans and budgets as may be required from time to time.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Manage the Projects budget in coordination with Field Manager and Field Finance Manager.
- Overseeing the budget performance to ensure that projects implementation is on course as per the detailed implementation plans and phased budgets.
- Programme Manager will conduct budget monitoring, suggest necessary revisions and prepare draft reports.
- Ensure that the budget monitoring reports are responded to in time and with accurate information.
- Working closely with Education team to ensure that partners are well guided, supported and their capacity built in sound management procedures.
Program and Financial Reporting:
- Preparation of timely and high-quality progress and end of projects narrative and financial reports which are in accordance to the donor reporting schedule and formats.
- Review all program financial reports ensuring that donor guidelines have been followed and high standard met, prior to submission to management.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly follow ups and progress review meetings to address key performance issues from the reports.
- Overall Budget Vs Actual expenditure analysis and variance explanations.
Internal and external engagements:
- Ensuring that the program experience is represented and given recognition at stakeholder meetings, workshops, donor, networks and any other engagements.
- Develop and maintain regular channels of communication with partners and key stakeholders at all levels (Community, LGEA and State).
- Effectively manage projects design and study processes which include assessments, baseline and evaluation studies, putting in place a functional Activity Tracking Table.
- Ensure that the projects quality bench marks are followed.
- Collecting and managing complaints and feedback in close coordination with MEAL team and Projects Officers.
- Ensure regular monitoring of projects results, documentation of projects case studies, lessons learnt, significant changes and best practices and coordinating learning and reflection meetings/sessions.
- Ensure an effective programs/ projects monitoring and evaluation systems is in place.
- Monitor programs/ projects activities to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to GEPaDC policies and procedures.
Human Resources Management and Development:
- Working together with the Project Team to identify learning and development needs of the project teams and develop specific plans to address the learning needs.
- Capacity building of Officers through trainings, coaching, performance management, implementation as well as in learning and reflection events.
- Setting and managing staffing targets, performance and priorities for Officers.
- Participate in monthly/weekly project management meetings to enable adequate staff support.
- In liaison with Executive director, Head of Education and Senior management team provide guidance and support to projects team, partners and stakeholders.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling GEPaDC values.
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree / B.Ed qualification with at least 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV / Resume and Application Letter to: email@example.com the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Assistant Director, Strategic Communications and Marketing at Options Consultancy Services Limited
- Communications Officer (Digital) at Options Consultancy Services Limited
- Finance and Grants Senior Officer at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- HR Assistant at Mercy Corps Nigeria