Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an international Non-Governmental Organisation that has been working in France and around the world for over 30 years, taking action wherever there are humanitarian and social needs to be addressed. SIF believes in a more just and caring world where the basic needs of the vulnerable people are met. SIF is committed to reducing poverty and vulnerability acrross the world, without proselytising or discriminating. It implements emergency relief, development programmes and adovacy programs. In Somalia, SIF implements programs to support vulnerable communities in Kismayo on child education and protection, food and nutrition, WASH, amongst others.
General Description of the Position
Under support and supervision of the Programs Coordinator, and in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, the Program Manager shall be responsible for supervision and management of current and future programs related activities undertaken by SIF in Kismayo, Somalia. The Program Manager will ensure the efficiency and effectiveness on the delegated mandate within project management cycle. The Program Manager shall oversee all program activities and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities of the Program Manager
1. Program Management
- Supervise the ongoing BMZ project, and Child Protection and Education Project in order to achieve all objectives and outcomes outlined in the validated Project Proposal/Budget
- Manage the field program team in BMZ project and Child Protection and Child Education project;
- Support in conducting baseline and end line surveys for beneficiaries to develop best practices in coordination with MEAL;
- Participate in needs assessments for different SIF Projects;
- Monitor the registration process of beneficiaries to SIF activities, according to the guidelines defined;
- Carry out project activities including preparation of work plans and related monitoring
- Ensure the availability of all program materials and ensure the project locations are well equipped and ready for the implementation. Request for replacements when needed.
- Ensure feedback is circulated among the relevant teams about issues raised in the field and through the complaints and compliments handling mechanism;
- Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/trainings);
- Timely mobilization and effective communication with communities and stakeholders during baselines and evaluations;
- Field visits to monitor and evaluate progress in implementation of activities;
- Identifying training needs of program staff and beneficiaries in the context of the project;
- Implement project operating procedures together with project team members;
- Ensure compliance with SIF policies and procedures;
- Assist in reviewing and redesigning intervention in consultation with the Project Coordinator in response to evolving needs of the target groups.
- The Program Manager shall take overall responsibility of programs reporting to include;
- Provide regular and detailed updates on field activities and ensure effective M&E is being undertaken throughout the projects;
- Provide detailed mid-term or end-term project reports as required or as provided for under the project documents;
- Liaise with the MEAL department in gathering reporting data, success stories, and documentation of best practice in relevant areas of program management.
- Oversee the flow of information in the field about SIF programs-related activities;
- Collate information related to implementation and results of the project and compile periodic reports as and when required;
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Development Studies, Community Development, or any other related social science;
- Advanced degree in the above areas will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in program management or related field;
- 3 years of relevant experience with international NGO on programs management;
- Interpersonal skills and strong cross-cultural relations desired;
- Proven ability to lead and work in a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent command of English and Kiswahili (speaking and writing) is mandatory.
- Strong organizational and work planning skills and the ability to work in a high volume work environment;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel and Word, as well as electronic communication.
Ethics and Professional Practice
- Child Safe-Guarding Policy. SIF commit to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), and implement all necessary measures to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join the organization. This position is subject to criminal records disclosure and reference checks. SIF has zero tolerance on child abuse and take any allegation or report of child abuse are taken very seriously.”
- Respect and promote SIF’s operational and HR Policies.
How to apply
How to apply
Please submit your application – Cover letter and CV with 3 professional referencesin one document saved in PDF format – email@example.com The position title (Programs Manager) should be indicated on the subject line. The deadline for application is on March 28th, 2023 and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Coordinateur/trice des Finances Pays – CAR at INTERSOS
- Human Resources and Administration Manager at Nuru Nigeria
- Field Support Assistant at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- MHPSS Associate at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Communications Specialist , USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program at DAI Global