Position: Program Officer
This position is for a proposal the organization is working on. The Program Officer will be responsible for providing technical assistance in support to Bauchi State in providing sustainable technical assistance interventions towards strengthening the state’s RMNCH services.
S/he will ensure that the project is well-organized, completed on time, and within budget.
- Provides project-level support and coordinates the Community-Based Volunteers’ activities on the project.
- Collaborates with the central team to sort out any project-based issues that may arise.
- Matches requests for technical assistance from states with compatible TA supply from donors and providers.
- Works with states and funders to define issues, identify solutions, and determine required expertise.
- Coordinates the deployment of comprehensive technical assistance and institutional strengthening support.
- Ensures effective coordination of TA deployments for increased cost efficiency and technical efficacy.
- Represent the project in technical forums at the field level.
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application, and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
- Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project performance reviews.
- Provide quality assurance to the work done by the Community-Based Volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Development Studies, or other related Social Sciences or Medical courses.
- At least 3 years of program management experience in the areas of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH).
- S/he must be familiar with the reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) community in Nigeria.
- Previous experience working on an international donor-funded project will be an added advantage.
- Strong skills in technical issues, design, implementation, and monitoring of program components, e.g., services, training, quality improvement, advocacy, and coordination.
- Demonstrated analytical and report-writing skills.
- Knowledge of the local communities, cultures, and geography of the State.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in any local language in the project state will be an advantage.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject, i.e., “Program Officer”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.