**Program Officer -FSL-2Position (**Emergency Roster Position) -Somalia National
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to FSL PM
Staff reporting to this post: none
Role Dimensions Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff
The Programme Officer will be responsible for implementing the interventions of the programme in collaboration with Programme team, stakeholders (Internal/external), partners under the guidance of the line manager. The Programme Officer will collaborate with programme assistants and other counterpart officers to ensure integrations and SCI program synergies.
The programme officer will oversee community structures on implementation and delivery to ensure effectively owned and managed programme support system and provide effective and regular professional support to the respective teams from different institutions within the programme targeted areas.
He/She will report on the progress of activities on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the line manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least Higher Diploma Qualification or Bachelor degree Social Science
- Minimum 2 years of Experience with an international NGO/UN/ Local NGO & Government in Somalia in implementing and coordinating humanitarian/development program activities including, Education CP&CRG, Child poverty reduction/FSL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in community mobilization/Education management/ Cash distributions/ case management and relationship techniques,
- Basic knowledge of project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Good understanding in local language and culture practises.
- Basic understanding of child right frameworks
- Computer skills
- Reporting skills
- Education in emergency minimum standards
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Psychological and first aid skills
- Cash and voucher assistance
- TOT skills
- Humanitarian sphere standards and Core humanitarian standards (CHS)
- SCI common approaches
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 11nd Sep-2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Disclaimer – Emergency recruitment
This position is subjected to the emergency response fund approval and offers will not be extended until fund has been granted.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Program Officer -Health(2 positions )-Emergency Roster at Save the Children
- Head of Operations at Danish Refugee Council
- Gender and Youth Community Facilitators at Mercy Corps
- Senior Program Officer, Regional Food Trade & Resilience at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Program Manager, Rural Kenya Financial Inclusion Facility (RK FINFA) at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)