Position: Program Officer, Health Financing
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D is seeking a Program Officer (PO) to be based in Abuja Nigeria to support the day-to-day operations of the Design and implementation of the Nigeria Primary Health Financing Project. The PO would report to the Associate Director (Public Financial Management) in the first instance and work with the Nigeria-based project team under the guidance of the Associate Director (PD) and other team leads. The PO will play an integral role in the administrative, operational, and technical aspects of the project.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Leverage the evidence base to support the development of appropriate health financing policies and strategies to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders
- Support internal program activities that are critical to the development of a rapidly growing team and organization
- Support the organization of meetings, workshops, and stakeholder consultants in Niger state, including logistics, invitation lists and agendas, and producing meeting summaries
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, including federal and state-level government officials, development partners, and partner organizations based in Niger state and Nigeria.
- Support the formulation of high-impact policy recommendations and deliverables for the construction and implementation of the state DSF scheme.
- Participates fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting, and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management
- MA with 3 years of experience Or a BA with 5 years of relevant global health experience
- Experience and interest in healthcare, healthcare financing, and policy development
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Proven experience effectively working with and meeting the needs of various stakeholders in Niger preferred, and in both Nigeria and globally a must.
- Ability to think and solve problems in a structured, logical, and creative manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare compelling presentations and written reports
- Effectively able to work collaborate in a team-based environment as well as independently to work on complex work streams/projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with a wide variety of different stakeholders
- Comfortable working with a diverse team located in different geographies
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Availability for 5-10% of international and domestic travel
- Local applicants encouraged to apply
- Experience working on large-scale, multi-partner, donor-funded, and/or government projects in Niger is highly desired, and in Nigeria essential
- Relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank
- Prior work experience in healthcare financing, economics, and/or political science
- Familiarity with existing regulations and framework around health care financing reform in Niger state, as well as nationally is a plus
How to apply
Please click here to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Program Field Officer, East Africa at miraclefeet
- Advocacy & Influencing Manager at Plan International
- Associate Director, Strategic Purchasing at Results for Development Institute
- Program Manager at Clinton Health Access Initiative
- MEAL Advisor at Medecins du Monde (MdM)