Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Integrated SBC and Family Planning
Visit more Ngo Jobs in Nigeria
- The Program Officer – Integrated SBC & Family Planning will work with the Deputy Project Director-Integrated SBC & FP providing technical and programmatic support for the integrated FP, MNCH+N and Malaria program area.
- S/He will have primary responsibility for day-to-day coordination with national and state-level FP, MNCH+N and Malaria implementing partners, governments, and state project teams.
- The PO will provide technical assistance to the project in the areas of integrated FP, MNCH+N and Malaria social and behaviour change (SBC) capacity strengthening, community mobilization, social and mass media strategies and advocacy.
- The PO will also assist in developing integrated FP, MNCH+N and Malaria SBC workplans and reports, and support implementation at national and state level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Officer’s specific duties will include:
Check Breakthrough ACTION Other Positions
Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant – RCCE
Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media)
Social and Behaviour Change Officer
Program Officer – Social Mobilization
Senior Program Officer II – TB & Social and Behaviour Change
- Work with Deputy Director-Integrated SBC & FP to implement the integrated FP, MNCH+N and Malaria components of BA-Nigeria project, as assigned.
- Support national and state level coordination with governments, policy makers, FP, MNCH+N implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with FP, MNCH+N project partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders
- Assist with establishing relationships and coordinating with USAID FP, MNCH+N service delivery and commodity logistics partners in project states and at national level
- Provide support for training and capacity building activities targeted at BA-Nigeria project partners, heath service providers, community-based organization, community volunteers etc.
- Provide support to the BA-Nigeria State Coordinators and state teams as required
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned
- The position will be based at the BA-Nigeria Office in Abuja but will involve approximately 30% travel to project states
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by supervisor and BA-Nigeria Project Director.
Check Other Ngo Jobs in Africa
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Social Sciences, Health Education, or another related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on Family Planning, Maternal & Child Health, or related health programs, and at least 3 years working experience with SBC or demand creation.
- Experience working in northern Nigeria
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to speak Hausa highly desired.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward copies of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and the location as the subject of the mail. e.g., “Program Officer – GHSA, Abuja”.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)