Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Program Officer – Leave no one Behind at the Moroto & Gulu.
The Job Holder will take responsibility for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Education interventions under Leave No One Behind programme to improve children’s learning outcomes and development through implementation of the QLE Framework. The QLE Framework has 4 pillars: Guiding Principle 1 – emotional and psychological needs of all learners; Guiding Principle 2 – learning environment must protect children’s physical wellbeing; Guiding Principle 3 – learning environment encourages and supports active engagements for learners, child-centered teaching and improved learning outcomes for all learners; Guiding Principle 4 – parents and local communities are actively involved in planning, decision making and action to improve education
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- First degree in education (BA EDUC) or an equivalent
- At least 3 years of direct implementation of Education programs with International NGO
- Must be fluent in either Acholi or Nga’karamajong language
- Candidate must have good understanding of education programing approaches on literacy and numeracy enhancement at lover primary.
- Previous teaching experience at basic primary education level would be an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge and experience in application of participatory tools and methodologies in programming.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Basic Education and ECCD is an added advantage.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses. Previous experience of project management
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
Where we Work –
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 21stOctober 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
- Job City Uganda
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- International Market Development Lead (Planning and Strategic Investment) at Save the Children
- Programme Manager – Response Innovation Lab at Save the Children
- Project Finance Officer at Heifer International
- Quality Improvement Specialist at Jhpiego Nigeria
- Laboratory Advisor – Subnational Support at Jhpiego Nigeria