Position: Program Support Coordinator
The OEC: The Organization of Educational Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
Overall purpose of the role:
Operating under the authority of the Secretary-General and the Under-Secretary-General for External Relations and International Cooperation (ERIC), and under the direct supervision of the Chief of Multilateral Cooperation / TPED Coordination, the Program Support Coordinator assists in implementing, monitoring and coordinating the efficient performance and functioning of activities and programs of the section.
The Program Support Coordinator will assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of our programs and projects. He/she will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the program managers and staff, ensuring compliance with OEC policies and procedures and facilitating communication and collaboration among internal and external stakeholders. The Program Support Coordinator also supports, facilitates and coordinates within his/her assigned responsibilities the deepening of existing and fostering new relations and the implementation of engagement strategies, including with global and regional international intergovernmental organizations.
This position provides the unique opportunity of joining the team of a new international organisation, contributing to its lasting construction and influencing its future trajectory.
The main functions of the Program Support Coordinator are to:
- Act as the focal point for all multilateral coordination related activities in terms of implementation and participation in their relation with the OEC.
- Support the planning and coordination of OEC programs and projects and their activities.
- Ensure the implementation of OEC policies and procedures related to program management and reporting.
- Support in the organization and management of multilateral meetings chaired by the Secretary-General and/or the Under-Secretary-General ERIC.
- Assist the Chief of Section in the preparation of briefings for OEC senior leadership as required on the OEC’s engagement and collaboration with key multilateral organizations.
- Prepare meetings with officials for the Secretary General and/or the Under-Secretary-General.
- Make preparations for official visits to or from other multilateral organizations.
- Contribute to the smooth functioning of activities undertaken by the Section.
- Assist and coordinate activities with key multilateral partners.
- High quality reporting to the Secretary-General/USG ERIC on the progress of various programmes that are under TPED collaboration
- Be of service when required in the representation of the Department at internal and external meetings and conferences as needed.
- Provide and coordinate inputs for policy papers and draft reports.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties, such as member states, partner organisations, donors, etc.
- Prepare paperwork and order material for the section programs and projects.
- Keep updated records and support OEC programs and projects in relation to multilateral cooperation and the TPED.
- Support growth and program development by conducting research, analysis, and evaluation.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Secretary General/USG ERIC.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and cross-cultural communication skills with a proven track record.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working under pressure and demanding deadlines.
- Strong methodical and strategic thinking skills and ability to develop long-term strategies.
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to withstand and work effectively in stressful situations.
- Understanding of cultural differences and ability to communicate effectively in/with international teams.
Education and Professional Experience:
- At least 7 years of working experience in diplomacy or international relations
- At least 4 years of work experience in a management role within an international and/or regional organization.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or higher) in International Relations or related fields
- English – Fluent
- Knowledge of one or more of the other official languages of the OEC (French, Arabic, Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
- Under- Secretary General of Sections.
- All employees of OEC.
- External Stakeholders:
- Multilateral Organizations
- Ministries of Foreign Affairs and other relevant national entities.
How to apply
Qualified & Interested candidate can apply for this position by sending an email your resume and cover letter to hre(at)oec-oce.org with the subject line “Job Title”.
This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia that welcomes applicants from any country.
- We especially encourage applications from Latin America and Asia Pacific.
- We also strongly support female candidates and value diversity and inclusion.
- We will review applications as they are received until we fill the position.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Liaison Officer – Latin America and Caribbean at Organisation of Educational Cooperation
- Research Officer – South Sudan at Forcier Consulting
- Chief of Party, Ghana Youth Activity at Global Communities
- RESPONSABLE PROGRAMME SAME (H/F) – MOPTI at Solidarités International
- Chargé.e d’évaluations senior (Unité Santé Publique) pour RDC at IMPACT Initiatives