Position: Programme and Resources Development Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Program and Resources Development Manager position will provide oversight to resources acquisition, program management, information management and external engagement. The Program and Resources Development Manager serves on the Senior Leadership Team and support the design and monitoring of the response strategy and operations plan.
Resources Acquisition & External Engagement 30% :
- Lead/Oversee the design process of full proposals and concept papers to Donors and WV Support Offices.
- Coordinate grant acquisition business plan development and implementation in alignment with the Response Strategy
- Coordinate the Response Office business development cycle (intelligence, prepositioning, long-term positioning, opportunity assessment Phase 3. capture planning, proposal planning, proposal development…)
- Serve as proposal development lead writer/or coordinator
- Develop, implement and evaluate a well thought out External Engagement Plan
- Provide the final review of all proposals and concept notes prior to submitting to donors and World Vision offices at regional and internal level
- Coordinate with other Senior Management Team (SMT) members in representing World Vision at national level coordination meetings with donors and when appropriate, with other INGOs, local organizations, and high-level government officials.
- Engage externally with government officials including parliamentarians, Faith leaders, children and youth, policymakers, the UN agencies and Civil Society Organizations with a view to influence relevant national policies, strengthen the country’s ending violence Against Children Pathfinding role and promote good governance and accountability towards the implementation of SDG Voluntary National Review Reports (VNR)
- Participate and contribute to national Advocacy position papers, statements and policy briefs developed by WV BF, national coalitions and partners where relevant and strategic to achieving positive outcomes for Affected populations
Develop and maintain solid working relationships with major (government/private) donors including ECHO, BHA, UNHCR, UNFPA, OCHA, UNICEF, WFP, GAC, and other relevant in-country donor institutions, and World Vision offices at regional and internal level including supporting hosting visits, responding to communication, and ensuring that support office and donor requirements are met
Design, Monitoring Evaluation, Learning and Quality Assurance 30%:
Lead and direct DMEAL team in:
- Planning, implementation, analysis and share findings from assessments and programme monitoring
- To Develop programme design based on response strategy, context and humanitarian needs Provide oversight to DME team and ensure processes are followed. Ensure that sector leads and Project Managers are supported with design documents (log frames, M&E plans, ITTs, work plan & budgets, etc).
- To Monitor program’s progress ensuring goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are adhered to.
- To Monitor and document advocacy and external engagement processes and impact through monthly reports
- To Ensure incorporation of internal and international humanitarian standards (Sphere, HAP and HAF) into all project designs and implementation.
Team Management 20%
- Support individual team members in achieving their Performance Management and learning goals.
- Build a functional Program Department with national capacity.
Organize and lead team building exercises
Programming/ Grant Management 5% :
- Support Finance in the allocation and tracking of response funding
- Lead the development of a grant compliance tracking system in collaboration with grant finance.
- Oversee preparation and facilitation of project start up workshops
- Ensure the record keeping of all essential communication and documentation from pre-proposal to grant closeout.
- Ensure final review is done on major donor project reports
- Lead coordination on with 3UN DMT on match acquisition for UN grants
- Promote the intergration of advocacy, good governance into proposals and grants where applicable
Humanitarian accountability 10%
- Actively participate in Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) working groups and provide timely and current updates during the Regional Advocacy Response Group (ARG) meetings
- Ensure the design of programmes takes local capacities into account, build on them and maximize community participation
- Establish and support the effective implementation and utilization of complaints and feedback mechanisms in all Operational zones
- Build staff and community and beneficiary capacity in the area of Humanitarian accountability
Information Management 5%
In coordination with Communication Specialist:
- Establish response information management system to meet response needs
- Compile and analyze relevant information to inform response design, programme management, operational improvement and promote learning
- Generate evidence and knowledge management products for policy influencing, donor engagement and marketing purposes
- Share information (including analysis) with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis to meet their information requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in resources acquisition and management/business development with track-record in conducting successful business development process and engagement with international Donors such as USAID, ECHO/EU, DFID, BMZ, GFFO…
- A minimum of 3 years in leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and/or development sector, with a significant portion of this in INGOs
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Advocacy and External Engagement concepts
- 6 years’ experience in humanitarian assistance work including significant field presence
- Demonstrated understanding of key humanitarian principles, standards and best practices.
- University degree in Humanitarian Studies or relevant field. Master’s degree preferred
Additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Experience in business development /Resource Mobilization and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects
- A good background in programme quality – MEAL – and information management
- Strong experience in working with bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, grant management and proposal development
- Intensive experience in leading a multi-cultural team of professionals
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Experience working in war zones / fragile contexts
- Experience in engaging with governmental institutions and multilateral agencies
- Experience in managing humanitarian operations/ programmes’ teams that facilitate innovation and calculated risk taking.
- Work experience as Snr. Program Officer or Programme Manager/ Resource Mobilization Manager at least for 1-3 years in a country other than the home country
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- Understand Humanitarian Industry and have proven experience within a relief/ Disaster Management setting
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French, additional skills in Spanish, Arabic or other languages preferred
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working in complex emergency/rehabilitation settings
- Experience coordination with INGO’s and other key stakeholders-High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships.
- Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization.
- Demonstrated openness and transparency.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time in country
- Job City Ouagadougou